Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Into the Word Wednesdays - v. 9

This past weekend, I had an amazing opportunity to be at a Beth Moore "Living Proof Live" event.  You can read all about that here.  She used the story of Jacob and Esau to illustrate how God works in our lives to "make a mess of our messes".  We all have struggles and "messes" in our lives.  Not many of us can say that our lives are mess-free.  I wish mine were, but it's not!

Big or small, we all have issues that we must wrestle with.  What is small to one person may be insurmountable to someone else.  The "largeness" of our issues is relative based on our personal realm of experience, isn't it?  Though it may not seem like it in any way, shape or form, God has a very specific plan for each and every one of us.  He takes us through our suffering, but he doesn't allow us to go through it by ourselves.  Even if there is not one person in our earthly lives trudging through the mud of our messes with us, we can count on the fact that He is with us through it all.  There is nothing we can possibly go through that He won't journey through with us.

Romans 8:18 - I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

Though we may not know why we wind up on a particular path in life - especially when we feel like we are good, devoted followers of His - God has something in store for us on the other side of our pain and suffering.  I don't think that God would allow His children to suffer if there weren't something that could be used to glorify Him in the process.  I can't imagine suffering through the atrocities that some have suffered through in this world.  I can't imagine how one can glorify God in the midst of terrible suffering at the hands of someone else.  Yet you hear stories from time to time where people have been able to find some sort of peace and they do find a way to see Christ.

You see, God makes a promise to us in verses like Romans 8:18 {above}.  He promises us that our sufferings on earth are so small in comparison to the glory that will be revealed.  He also knows that, while these sufferings do not compare to the glory in store for us, our burdens and sufferings are real and they do wear us down.  Knowing all this, He calls on us to come to Him; to lean on Him and find rest in Him.

Matthew 11:28-29 - Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

At the Beth Moore event, a song was sung that really spoke to me.  It is song I have found on youtube and have played over and over again because the lyrics are so incredibly powerful.  Listen to Always by Kristian Stanfill and really listen to the lyrics as you do.



"Always"
{Kristian Stanfill}

My foes are many, they rise against me
But I will hold my ground
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Troubles surround me, chaos abounding
My soul will rest in You
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
From You Lord, from You Lord

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always, always


Oh, this song speaks volumes about God's love for us.  The troubles, the storms, the wars - all of these things surround us and God knows it.  The thing is that we don't need to fear these things when we have God with us.  The storms may come but when we have God on our side as our protector, we know that we will survive the storm.  We know that through His power, we will overcome any struggle that blocks our path.  

We just need to hang on.  

The struggles may seem endless, but they will end.  God has plans for us - even beyond the struggles that we face.  It may seem to take an eternity to get through, but God has perfect timing and we should not question His timing.  He will always come through.  As Beth shared on the weekend, we need to go face down and face up.  Go face down in prayer before the Lord.  Surrender all of your burdens to Him and look up to Him - cry out and pray to Him to be your strength through it.

~~~~~

I would LOVE it if you linked up with a post about what God is showing you in the Word, or in your life. Please also stop by and see what God has been teaching my beautiful co-hosts this week: 

Becky at Tales of Beauty for Ashes
Kelly at The Houtz House Party
Falen at Upward Not Inward 
Kelly at Exceptionalistic
Sarah at Fontenot Four {you're already here!}

Into The Word Wednesdays

Into the Word Wednesday Blog Hop Rules:
1. Write a post about what God is teaching you this week.
2.  Follow the host and hostess. 
3. Grab a button to put on your blog - the more the merrier!
4. Check out (and comment) other people's blogs and be blessed by all the sisters and brothers around the world!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.