Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Into The Word Wednesdays - v. 8

Yesterday I wrote a post about Needing Prayer.  If you've been following along here or on twitter, you know my daughter Peyton has been quite sick for about a month and a half.  She's been quite sick in the days and weeks leading up to a very important trip we are taking to Boston Children's Hospital so that we can get some very much needed second opinions.  She was finally turning a corner and things were looking the best they've looked in weeks just this past Sunday and Monday.

Then the bottom fell out yesterday.  High temp.  High heart rate.  High blood pressure.  Low oxygen levels.  Suddenly our confidence in our ability to take this trip was shaken.  Dark shadows were cast on our situation yet again and I just wept.  So much is riding on our ability to get Peyton up there.  It is going to be anything but easy making this trip, but we need to do this for her.  We need to do this so we know one day that we did everything we could.

Then this verse came to me:

Isaiah 41:10
New International Version (NIV)
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; 
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.





Then it struck me.  I had to step back for a minute and look at the events that were unfolding.  Good things were happening.  Peyton was starting to get better after weeks of illness.  She wasn't 100% or near 100% better, but she was improving.  God has been so good to us and there were many positive things going on leading up to this trip.  But then Peyton had this setback.  And I lost internet connectivity for a few days.  Before I got a chance to get online to thank someone for a huge blessing that someone is being for us, the internet went out.  I barely even got a chance to read the note before we lost our connection.  

I couldn't help but think that there is someone out there who does not want this trip to happen.  Someone wants us to be in major doubt over whether or not it is safe to take this trip.  Someone doesn't want for Peyton's health to improve that much so as to give us ultimate confidence in our ability to go.  I can't put a face on that someone, but I sure can put horns on it.  Get what I mean??

The enemy.

The enemy will stop at nothing in his efforts to keep us from God - from trusting Him and relying on Him during a time of need.

Right now, I need HIM...not the enemy at work in my life.  This verse from Isaiah really struck me at a time when I really needed it.  I was feeling so hopeless, that all the good work being done to get Peyton better for this upcoming trip was all for naught.  I felt a sense of being let down.  But this verse reassured me that He is still with me.  He is flat out telling me not fear and to not worry because He is with me.  He is telling me not to be dismayed.  Dismayed.  Yes, that is how I was feeling.  But I am not to be dismayed.  God is with me and He will give me strength.  He has...and He will continue to.

In that I can be sure.

~~~~~

I would LOVE it if you linked up with a post about what God is showing you in the Word, or in your life. Please also stop by and see what God has been teaching my beautiful co-hosts this week: 

Becky at Tales of Beauty for Ashes
Kelly at The Houtz House Party
Falen at Upward Not Inward 
Kelly at Exceptionalistic
Sarah at Fontenot Four {you're already here!}

Into The Word Wednesdays

Into the Word Wednesday Blog Hop Rules:
1. Write a post about what God is teaching you this week.
2.  Follow the host and hostess. 
3. Grab a button to put on your blog - the more the merrier!
4. Check out (and comment) other people's blogs and be blessed by all the sisters and brothers around the world!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.