Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Into The Word Wednesdays - v. 7

Have you ever heard of a "Sun Stand Still Prayer"??  I first learned of this a couple years back when our church had Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC as a guest speaker one weekend.  He wrote a book called Sun Stand Still.  It is about the power of prayer and, specifically, praying the impossible prayers.  At some point or another in our lives, we may have come across a "sun stand still" moment where we needed God to intervene in a huge way.  This book discusses this very thing.  It is a must read in my opinion!


Peyton - February 2012
The scripture which this is referring to is from Joshua 10:1-15.  Joshua was in the middle of a battle against five armies.  The Lord was on his side in battle, claiming victory for Israel, but the battle waged on and a clear victory was needed.  Joshua 10:12-13 says:

12 On the day the Lord gave the Israelites victory over the Amorites, Joshua prayed to the Lord in front of all the people of Israel.  He said, "Let the sun stand still over Gibeon, and the moon over the valley of Aijalon."  13 So the sun stood still and the moon stayed in place until the nation of Israel had defeated its enemies.

It goes on to say in verse 14:

There has never been a day like this one before or since, when the Lord answered such a prayer.  Surely the Lord fought for Israel that day!

Can you even imagine having the boldness to pray such a prayer that the sun would stop in its tracks?? This is the sort of prayer that I am feeling in my heart right now - all week.  I need this type of prayer answered now in my own life.  I am down on my knees right now begging God for a clear answer on what we must do for Peyton right now.

Why is my child so sick?  Why is she still sick after so many weeks?  When is she going to get well?  How much longer can she endure being sick?  How much longer can I hold on at the pace I'm going right now?

I want to do everything I possibly can for my child but I am not a machine and I cannot hold on at this pace long-term without it having an effect on me.  No one could.

We are trying to get her well so we can bring her up to Children's Hospital in Boston for some very much needed second opinions.  She needs to be well.  It needs to be abundantly obvious to us that we are ok to go on this trip as the time approaches.

Lord God, I just come to you baring my soul to you.  I am asking right now that you heal this precious child.  Heal her lungs.  Heal her heart.  Heal whatever is causing her chronic pain.  Heal her enough so that we can make this important journey with her so that we may find some answers to some of the issues that have been puzzling us so.  I pray for her physicians - that you, the Great Physician, will grant them the wisdom to know exactly what to do for her now so that we can do what we need to do for her.  I ask for wisdom and guidance for all that we are going through right now because I just do not know anymore.  I am not ashamed to admit that I have limitations and that I'm at my limit right now.  I ask for strength for me to endure these days.  I am thankful, Lord, for your grace and mercy that is new each day because I know that I am very much in need of it right now.  Lord, please make the sun stand still for us so that we can take care of this precious child you have entrusted to our care.  I just ask all this now in your Son's name.  Amen!

{If you would like to read more on our journey with Peyton, I update her CaringBridge page fairly regularly.}

~~~~~

I would LOVE it if you linked up with a post about what God is showing you in the Word, or in your life. Please also stop by and see what God has been teaching my beautiful co-hosts this week: 

Becky at Tales of Beauty for Ashes
Kelly at The Houtz House Party
Falen at Upward Not Inward 
Kelly at Exceptionalistic
Sarah at Fontenot Four {you're already here!}

Into The Word Wednesdays

Into the Word Wednesday Blog Hop Rules:
1. Write a post about what God is teaching you this week.
2.  Follow the host and hostess. 
3. Grab a button to put on your blog - the more the merrier!
4. Check out (and comment) other people's blogs and be blessed by all the sisters and brothers around the world!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.