Friday, August 24, 2012

Indie Gift Box - August 2012

In July I stumbled upon the Indie Gift Box.  I jumped on the opportunity to purchase one and was really impressed!  As soon as Indie Gift Box announced the date that they would be taking orders for the August box, I was all over it.  They would be released at midnight and there were going to be a very limited number of boxes.  I knew I'd have to act quick, so I stayed up to be sure I could place my order right at midnight.

And then it happened.

A glitch.

I could see it.  The boxes available once I placed my Pretty Boho Box in the cart were showing to be in the negative numbers.  And they kept getting more and more negative.  Something was up.  I crossed my fingers and hoped I actually got the box I purchased.

I didn't.

There was, in fact, a glitch.  Erin from Indie Gift Box was all over the problem right away.  She explained about what happened in her post here.  As it happens, there were far more purchases than boxes available.  Bummer.  That said, though, Erin was able to get together some boxes to fill the backorders should customers wish to receive one instead of the regular box they thought they were purchasing.  I chose to receive the backorder box.  It arrived while we were in Boston!



The contents of the box were wrapped in tissue with a nice little card on top.  Inside the box were various business cards from independent businesses who were contributing to the August boxes {not necessarily the ones contributing to this box}.

Here is what I received in the August "backorder" box:

Two Clips by Kharliebug Handmade
Little Key Big Secret Necklace by Anirtak
Handmade Needle Felted Ponytail Holder and Peppermint Lip Balm by Karibou Crafts
Lace Bracelet by This Enchanted Pixie

The business card included in the box for This Enchanted Pixie also included a code for a 15% discount in her shop!

I spent $15 minus a small discount I applied to my purchase for having completed a feedback form for the July box.  The discount actually did not get applied when I made the purchase {another glitch}, but Erin was very prompt in applying the discount herself after the fact, so I did in fact receive my discount.

The assortment of goodies was not as large this month as it was last, but I still think the value exceeded the price I paid for the box.  Everything in the box is great!  I had received an  Anirtak necklace last month and I'm happy to have another one!

So, the August purchase didn't exactly go off without a hitch, and I didn't receive one of the "official" August boxes.  The discount wasn't initially applied either.  That aside, I honestly was not upset about any of this.  Indie Gift Box is pretty new and I figured I would extend some grace in this situation.  I could tell that a glitch had occurred as soon as I made my purchase, so I was already expecting to receive some news to that effect.  I have to say that, in my opinion, Erin did a wonderful job in handling what must have been a pretty nightmare-ish situation from her end of things.  She didn't have to scramble to make any "backorder" boxes for the people whose orders were placed after the only existing August boxes had been sold.  I appreciate that she went over and above to ensure that she satisfied her customers orders.  I also appreciate that that she also took the time to apply the discounts that were also not going through upon purchase.

I'm pretty happy with my August box {the Pretty Boho Box} and I would definitely give Erin a big thumbs up for her customer service!  The experience would not deter me from purchasing again!

This is my own independent review of Indie Gift Box.  I was not contacted by them to do a review, nor was I compensated.  My opinions are 100% my own.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Undeniably believe that which уou statеd.
    Your favогitе ϳustification sееmed to be on thе web the simplest thіng to be awarе of.

    I ѕay to you, I certainlу get annoyed while peoрle thinκ about worrieѕ
    that they plainly dоn't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks
    Feel free to visit my webpage :: laser etched

    ReplyDelete
  2. Тhanks vегy іntereѕting blog!
    Also visit my webpage - buy crystal

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.