Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cooking With Mandee - A Guest Post!

We've been in Boston this week so Peyton can get some very much needed second opinions at the Children's Hospital there. Since I didn't know what my availability was going to be like this week for blogging, I asked some friends to help me out. I hope you have enjoyed these guest posts while I've been away.  I know I sure have appreciated them!!

Today, please welcome Mandee!

~~~~~

Hi everyone I am Mandee and I blog over at Life, Chaos and Quotes. I have a new recipe that I had last night for dinner for you. It was SO easy to make and the actual prep time was 15 minutes at the max. This is really easy for those people that are living in their first apartment and still learning to cook.

Dorito Taco Bake

Ingredients:

1 lb. hamburger
1 pkg. taco seasoning
8 oz. sour cream (I found out that they make actual smaller tubs that are 8oz) 
1 pkg. crescent rolls (8)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes (optional)
1 cup shredded cheese
Dorito chips 1/3 of a normal big bag





Directions:

1. Brown hamburger and drain at the same time I preheated my over at 350 while I started cooking.


2. Add taco seasoning. I used half the packet. Add a bit of water and tomato sauce to the hamburger and mix it all together. 


3. In a glass dish roll out your crescent rolls to form a layer of crust on the bottom


4. Layer the hamburger, then sour cream then cheese in the glass dish. 

(Hamburger)

(Sour Cream)

(Cheese)

5. Now crush up the doritos and add them on top. I places mine in a glass bowl and used a paper towel to crush them up so I wouldn't have orange hands and my hands would not be all over the dorito's. (I think really because I worked in and managed restaurants too long, I worry about things like cross contamination. Yes, I know I am a nerd).


6. Now you are going to bake this at 350 for 30 minutes. And this is what you get:


A few of my chips on top were dark. But they still tasted good. 

~~~~~

Mandee, thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us!  I am going to have to try this real soon.  It looks fantastic!!  Friends, please be sure to visit Mandee over at  Life, Chaos and Quotes.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.