Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Week 37







Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


In the midst of what has been a very challenging season, yesterday was the second anniversary of my Mom's passing.  I am beyond grateful for the mother that I had and the love we shared.  I am so thankful for her wisdom, guidance and support that she gave to me through the years.  I am sure the lessons she taught me in life have served me well.

I am grateful to have a grief support group to attend.  I hadn't been able to go the past couple weeks but was able to go this week.  Even though I sat fairly silently through the meeting, there were things that were shared in the meeting that did make a positive impact.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


In the midst of trials and challenges, it is often extremely difficult to find things to be thankful for.  I feel like I am being challenged beyond my limits right now.  I am beyond exhausted.  I am beyond the ability to formulate human sentences most of the time these days.  I am ridiculously tired.  But I am grateful.

I am grateful, yet again, to a wonderful medical community.  Some of Peyton's physicians and their staff, as well as one particular home nurse, are just the sort of people that do more and go above and beyond.  Sometimes it's just in their mannerisms or the courtesy with which they share their professional opinions which don't leave much room for hope in certain things.  They are respectful of our situation.  They care for Peyton.  They care that her needs are being met.  The home nurse I am speaking of has stayed beyond her shifts and arranged her schedule so as not to leave us hanging when the whole rest of our nursing situation is an absolute disaster right now.


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.


I am grateful for the support of family and friends through this.  I am grateful for the support of friends I have met in this blogging community.  I so appreciate the prayers and words of encouragement that people have shared with me.

I am overwhelmed and beyond grateful for the support from our church community.  Out of the blue, two ladies from our Sisterhood women's ministry arranged for 10 days of meals for our family, being donated by various members of our women's ministry.  Friends, I get teary eyed just thinking about their generosity right now.  You have no idea how grateful I am for this because I can barely formulate thoughts, much less think about preparing dinner.  To the ladies who have already provided meals, thank you - the meals were delicious!!  To those who have signed up to help, thank you.  I truly appreciate the fact that you would think of us and give of your time to provide for us during this time.  Bless you all!


Please feel free to link up your "thankful" posts below and spread the word about this link up!  I can't wait to read your posts!


Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
Thankful Thursday at InspiredRD
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
a thought for Thursday hosted by: Elf House Chronicles
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries
Thankful Thursday with Brown Eyed Bell(e)
A Day In The Life
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.