Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Week 36


Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


I am so grateful to this blogging community.  Many of you have responded to the call for bras that I've been posting about and tweeting about for the last two or so weeks!  I have collected quite a number of bras to send to Free The Girls and I have more on their way to me now!  Thank you so much for helping out with this amazing cause!  If this is the first you're hearing about it or you've just decided you can help, there is still time!!



1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


Again this week, I find myself being very grateful for the medical community here in Charleston.  On Sunday night, we found ourselves heading back to the ER.  Not because of illness, but because Peyton had a big problem with her port.  {If you don't know what a port is, this wiki article is a good help.}  Basically, the needle had dislodged and as her port was flushed with saline and then her IV meds run through, the fluids were going under her skin and not into the port and into the vein.  Big problem.  It definitely requires an ER trip.  She was admitted and had some tests done.  We were worried that something actually went wrong with the port itself that might require surgery to remove it.  Thankful it did not!!  Not sure how the needle got dislodged, but it's working fine now!  We were home in less than 24 hours!  Thankful once again for all of the staff who took good care of her while she was there though.



Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.


Again, I have to thank this blogging community.  There's been a lot of medical stuff going on with Peyton as you can tell, but behind the scenes every single day has brought a new level of stress where our home nursing situation is concerned.  I don't need that added stress on top of everything else.  I was going through some stuff on Tuesday and there were a few bloggy friends who I was able to share with.  They know who they are.  I just really appreciate their willingness to listen and their responses and prayers that I know they were sending up for us.

Enormous amounts thanks to my husband who has to live with me through all this stress!!

What are you thankful for this week?
I can't wait to read your posts!


Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
a thought for Thursday hosted by: Elf House Chronicles
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankfulThursdays with black tag diaries
Thankful Thursday with Brown Eyed Bell(e)
A Day In The Life
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.