Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday - v. 34



Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

You're probably tiring of hearing this, but the past week has been overwhelming.  If you caught my tweets, facebook statuses and posts, you know my husband and older daughter were out of town and that our youngest was having a lot of medical issues.  She wound up in the ER on Saturday and, for the most part, the issues weren't dealt with, causing further frustration and stress.

It's really hard to think of things to be thankful for when each day of this past week has been overwhelming to me.  I am beyond tired.  I had intended to use my time without Ron and Moira to catch up on sleep and rest while the nurse was at the house.  It didn't happen.

But we are to give thanks in all things, aren't we?  All things.

I am grateful for two women from Sisterhood who were at the hospital that Saturday I was sitting in the ER for about 7 hours.  They had come to visit another woman from Sisterhood who was having brain surgery.  They heard Peyton was in the ER and they came down and asked if they could come back to see her. They each did, taking their turn as only two people are allowed back at a time, and I was one of the two.  Out of nowhere, God placed two people from our women's ministry right in my path to remind me of His presence in all things when things were seeming pretty overwhelming and beyond my ability to handle at the time.

I am grateful for the resident who saw Peyton in the ER that day.  While the whole visit was extremely lengthy and didn't have the desired results, it wasn't his fault.  But I am grateful for him because this was his last day at MUSC.  He began his residency a few years ago, seeing Peyton in that very ER right at the very beginning of his residency.  She was one of the first patients he saw there...and one of his last.  He also took care of her several times in between, both in the ER and on the floor when she was admitted many times.  We wish him well as he moves on to the next phase in another hospital in another city.

I am grateful that our nursing situation finally seems to be straightening out with a new nurse in place and one or two former nurses back in the mix.  I am grateful that we are finally getting all our hours {for the most part}.  I am also grateful for this new nurse who accompanied me to the ER with Peyton that day and stuck with me beyond the time her shift was over so that I didn't have to go it alone seeing as how Ron was not in town to help me out.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


I am grateful for the care that Peyton received on Monday in radiology after the weekend visit.  What should have been done on Saturday was not and I was able to speak directly to the doctor on Monday and get Peyton in immediately to have her g-j tube replaced.  I felt somehow vindicated in that what I knew to be true on Saturday was true despite the fact that the radiologist on the weekend had different opinions and, therefore, did not recommend the tube being changed.  I am grateful that we were able to get this taken care of on Monday.

Words cannot even express how grateful I am that Ron and Moira came home on Tuesday.  I can't even put it into words.  I really can't.

I am thankful for the sweetest, best behaved little 8 year old ever.  Moira was with me the entire time in the ER and for a while after Peyton got into a room.  We had snacks, sandwiches and things for her to do packed into that pink backpack.  She pretty much kept herself occupied the entire without complaint.  I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for that!



Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.


We wound up back in the ER yesterday, on the 4th of July, with Peyton having more respiratory issues.  I am grateful that the care she received was exactly what she needed.  I am grateful that I was given the choice of having her admitted...or not.  I chose to have her admitted out of fear that she would worsen overnight at home.  She was already going to have to come back first thing Thursday morning to see the pulmonary doctor in clinic, so it really simplified things to just have her admitted and observed in the hospital.  While I am again separated from Ron and Moira, we are at least in the same city and I have that support that I need.

I am also grateful once again for another woman from Sisterhood.  She had come down to visit the woman who had had surgery only to find out she'd been discharged.  She knew that Peyton was in the ER and she came down to visit.  I really was truly blessed by that visit.  It really meant a lot to me.

And, again, to you in the blogging community, family and friends who have emailed, texted, tweeted, and facebooked me with support and encouragement, I am truly thankful.  Your support means so much to me.

Thank you for bearing with me during these past few weeks which have been so particularly stressful and overwhelming at times.

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!! 
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
Thankful Thursday at InspiredRD
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
a thought for Thursday hosted by: Elf House Chronicles
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries
Thankful Thursday with Brown Eyed Bell(e)
A Day In The Life
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.