Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mrs. Pate's Blogger Bra Drive

Do you all know Mrs. Pate Writes yet??
Well, she is just an awesome lady who I've "known" at church for a while now, but who I'm finally starting to get to know a lot better!  She recently put a message up on our women's ministry's facebook page asking for bras.  Yes, bras.  I dug up a few and brought them to church with me...yes, there's a whole awkward story in there, but I handed them off at church on Saturday.

You see, she was collecting them for an organization called Free The Girls.  Per Free The Girls' home page, they are "a non-profit organization that provides job opportunities to women rescued from sex trafficking."  You can read more about "Why Bras" here.

So, Mrs. Pate {a.k.a. Tiffany} decided that she was going to host a Blogger Bra Drive!  I jumped on board when she first mentioned it to me.  Tiffany has a strong desire to use her little space in the blogosphere to be impactful - not just tell random stories, although those are nice too.  I feel the same way.  We have an opportunity each and every day to make an impact in someone's life whether it's by the words we speak through our blog posts or utilizing our spaces in constructive ways like this.  So here it is.  Mrs. Pate's Blogger Bra Drive!

mrspatebradrive


To recap:
dig out your old bras / get my details / ship them to me
That's all you need to do.  The rest is on me to get them to Free The Girls!
For more info on Mrs. Pate Writes' efforts behind this, click here.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.