Friday, July 20, 2012

Meet Paige from Artsy Anthropology!

Today I want you to get to know one of my sponsors a little better.  Paige from Artsy Anthropology agreed to guest post over here and I'm excited to share her with you.  You may know her already, but if not, here's your chance to get to know her!!

~~~~~

Hello Fontenot Four readers!  Miss Sarah was gracious enough to let me guest post over here today - and let me apologize in advance for my crazy antics, my honestly, my sarcasm and the photos of me in my underpants - in order to get to know me, there was just no avoiding it!

I have decided to tell you about me- and hope that means that you will want to be more engaged in blogging and getting to know those of us behind the fun, crafty, crazy world that is blogging. I want to know about you, I want to get to know who it is that reads this little blog and all those like it!

Here we go... my name is Paige, I blog over at Artsy Anthropology and have an Etsy shop where I sell all my free-time, I mean bags and accessories. I am from California and Nevada... I lived in Seattle for 4 years for undergrad, then 2 years in Baton Rouge for grad school. I have a Master's degree in Anthropology - which I am finding rather useless, and am now pursuing nursing... okay so that's the nitty-gritty... here's the rest:

I live in Reno... that's 40 minutes from Lake Tahoe. I have traveled all over the world and this is still one of the most beautiful places I've been... that's my dad and I - no biggie just being silly.

This is my Go-To face when I don't want my picture taken, I have tons of pictures with this beautiful look!

Sometimes I am a dork, this photo was taken by my best-friend since forever, we were in San Fran for my 21st (hers was the month before)... and I have to tell you, she was also wearing her underpants on the outside too :) 

I used to ride horses (rode club in undergrad), this was 2 shows before a pretty nasty fall after which I decided I wasn't going to ride anymore - I was fortunate enough not to break anything, but I walked funny for a few weeks and had a bruise on my left butt cheek for like 4 weeks... it was awful!

Yes, this was definitely the photo that I used for my undergraduate graduation announcements - confession, this was taken on the front lawn of my house - I was rocking sweats underneath - I just did my hair cute and threw on the outfit.

I was a Hostess Ho-Ho for Halloween 2 years ago - pretty awesome I must admit! Please note, I definitely tied Hostess Ho-Hos to my belt for people to take - it was an interactive costume.

I snowboard... not well, but that's okay... the rest of my family skis (I did for 12 years), this was a middle school act of rebellion and it's just too fun!

I love plaid! Oh and that hat, it's my favorite - it was a birthday gift, but honestly, who has time when working and in school to do their hair? Nope - just tuck it in and go!

This is my bff Megan - in grad school our teachers couldn't tell us apart (I'm on the right)... and literally used to just hand back our assignments to the closer of us and let us figure it out... I miss her and love her, but that happens when you move around a lot. 
  
This year for Halloween I was a nerd, I wore suspenders, some awesome high-waisted shorts I found at Goodwill and a Boxing Frog pen in my Pocket-Protector! Those are aviator sunglasses I knocked the lenses out of, oh and yes I am wearing sequined scrunchies! I also wore knee-high argyle socks with my tennis shoes - it was a hot look!

Since I have a master's degree in Anthropology... I presented my thesis in a poster at this winter's AAFS (American Academy of Forensic Sciences)... I was pretty excited that I managed to make it LSU colors without it being obnoxious... it went great with the red pants (I didn't think that through).

I am scuba certified - helpful considering I live in the desert. 

I love Dr. Pepper, the smell in the air after it rains, the smell a campfire leaves in your clothes, grilled cheese sandwiches but hate tomato soup, driving up to the lake with the windows down and country up, Italian  Mexican food, could eat sushi in my sleep, bowling (even though the rented shoes creep me out), tennis, road-trips, hikes, Knotting Hill ("I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy - asking him to love me" - ahhh love it), Friday Night Lights (movie not show), - sports movies, war/action movies and romantic comedies (I am a girl...)...

Okay I think that's enough of myself for 1 day! Hope you all stop by!






~~~~~

Thank you so much, Paige, for stopping by and letting my readers get to know you better!!  Friends, please be sure to stop by  Artsy Anthropology and say hi!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.