Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I Need Your Bras!!

mrspatebradrive

Ladies, I am making an appeal to you once again to help out a great cause through Mrs. Pate's Blogger Bra Drive!  At the beginning of the month, I wrote a post asking for your help in collecting gently used bras to support an organization called Free The Girls.  This organization uses the bras as an income opportunity for girls/women who have been rescued out of the sex trafficking industry.

freethegirls

Tiffany, from Mrs. Pate Writes, launched a "Blogger Bra Drive" in an effort to be impactful in this blogging community.  We all have a voice in this community and we can all do something to support a cause.  We can and should use our spaces to make an impact in the world.  I fully support Tiffany in her effort, which is why I decided to be one of the leaders of this bra drive that she has organized.

It is so simple.  All you have to do is go to your lingerie drawer and pull out your bras that you no longer fit into or just plain no longer wear anymore.  Then you contact me:

thefontenotfourblog {at} gmail {dot} com

Tell me you'd love to participate and I will give you my address so that you can ship those bras to me!  If you only have one or two, don't think it doesn't make a difference - it does!!  If you would rather send more than a couple, then ask your friends.  Spread the word and get together and ship those bras to me!!  I have thrown a couple of my own in a box {but just a few weeks or so ago, I'd given Tiffany several for her first bra drive}.  I have pulled over on the side of the street at night to collect a paper bag full of bras from my friend's husband {the bras were hers, he was just the delivery guy}.  Oh how I prayed on the rest of my drive home that night that no law enforcement people or nosy neighbors witnessed this moonlight exchange of goods.  I'm sure someone could have easily mistaken that transaction for something it wasn't!  I have also collected from one of Peyton's home nurses.  And I have also collected from right here in this blogging community!  Yes, that's right.  YOU paid attention to this call for help and YOU responded.  Yesterday, I checked the mail and I received this box from one of you!!










I have also had a few emails from fellow bloggers asking me where to send their bras to.  I am so grateful for your response to this call.  I've collected a bunch of bras, yes, but I would LOVE to collect many many more than what I currently have!  I need YOUR help.  I need to ship all of them off to Free The Girls by the 31st, so time is of the essence!

Please consider helping out this cause!

Thank you so much!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.