Friday, July 27, 2012

God's Love

The past month or so has been quite challenging for our family.  Between a high turnover of home nurses, nurses who don't show up at all, poor scheduling and Peyton's poor health in general, this has been one rough patch.  I'm so tired and weary.  I haven't had much in me lately to blog and be inspirational or be anything.

Last night as I sat at my computer, I literally had nothing to offer.  Nothing.  Nothing felt inspiring.  Nothing felt worth writing about.  I had no interest in writing just for the sake of having an entry today.  I seldom ever go to bed at night without having a post in the queue for the following day.  It doesn't feel right to me.

I'm also pretty behind in my daily bible reading.  I had been doing really well with reading every single day.  However, now, at a time when I should be in the Word every day, I'm finding myself without the energy to read.  This morning I got on to my YouVersion app to see just how far back I had to go to start getting caught up.  Monday of this week is where I landed.  My readings began with a few selections from 2 Chronicles.  Great.  JUST what you want when you're needing encouragement and lifted up.  I mean, there's nothing more encouraging that reading about this king or that king and how they did or did not do what was pleasing in the Lord's sight.  Am I right?  {insert sarcasm here}

I continued reading, tired and uninspired.  Then I came to Romans 8.

Many of us are familiar with Romans 8:28:

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

I read this often and it always seems really hard to figure out how all of these challenges can be used for His glory.  I mean, when the challenges are coming at you one after another, day after day, how on earth are we supposed to glorify God in those circumstances?  How can they possibly work together for good??  I have no idea and I have no wisdom here right now.

It really wasn't Romans 8:28 that got to me this morning.  It was Romans 8:38:

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love.  Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.

That is what stuck with me today.  Nothing can ever separate us from the love of God.  There is nothing that we can do that will make him love us any less.  There is no situation in our lives that can cause him to lose his love for us.  There may be incredibly strong negative forces in our lives right now, but whether we realize it or not, God is still loving us through it all.

When we are overwhelmed and burdened, we often tend to feel like we are isolated from God - like he just isn't there with us at all.  We quite possibly feel abandoned.  We might feel like God can't possibly love us, or else we wouldn't be going through the challenges we're stuck with right now.

Just know that this just is not true.  I know it's hard to feel sometimes, but Romans 8:38 promises us that nothing can separate us from God's love for us.  Nothing.  Not even the challenges we're struggling with today that seem unrelenting and painful.  Nothing at all causes God to forget us or to decide not to love us.  He does love us.  He is with us during all times.

So, as I go about my day today, I am going to try to remember this. I am going to try to cling to this - because I need to hold on to this right now.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your heart. I too am behind on my reading!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.