Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cooking with Kelli - A Guest Post!

Hi friends!
I am so excited to have my friend Kelli back for a guest post!  It has been a while, so she may be new to you!  Today she is sharing a recipe with us.  Can't wait to try this one at home!

~~~~~


Hi everyone! I am Kelli and I blog at Eat Pray Read Love about many topics- food, faith, marriage, family, and good books. Sarah is absolutely one of my very favorite blogging buddies and I'm so happy to have her! I'm sharing a recipe today that is super simple, yet nice enough to serve to company. I hope you'll enjoy!

One day at the grocery store (in a flying 15 minute trip), I picked up a bag of pre-made tortellini and some parmesan cheese. I knew I wanted tortellini for dinner, and had some cream and basil (tons of it!) at home. That's all I knew.

At 6:45 I walked into the kitchen, and at 7:10 ish, this was on the table.

It was so easy and delicious- hope you'll enjoy it too!

Here's what you'll need: 

Tortellini with Basil and Pecans
1 large pkg of Buitoni 3- cheese Tortellini
2 Tbs. butter
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
2 Tbs. pesto
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans (not pictured)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
handful of chopped fresh basil


Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tortellini and brown for a minute or two.


Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Boil gently for 7-9 minutes. Add cream, salt, pepper and pesto and reduce heat. Cook until sauce has thickened, about 10 additional minutes.
Serve in bowls, topped with fresh basil, pecans, and cheese.

 Enjoy!


My son asked if I could make it everyday- he loved it! (Minus the basil)
Oh- and a note on basil- if you have any space whatsoever in your yard, or even a container, buy a plant of basil! I spent about $2 on a plant last year, and used it constantly.
(As a reference, if you buy a very small amount at the grocery store, it costs about $3 for a one-time use!)
Then, it re-seeded itself into about 6 plants this year.
It's one plant Houston heat won't kill!
Photobucket

~~~~~

Thank you so much, Kelli, for sharing this guest post with us!  For me, the timing of this worked out perfectly as I am sitting here in the hospital with Peyton yet again.  It is nice to know as I'm writing this on Monday that Tuesday's post is already taken care of thanks to you!!

Friends, I hope you will stop by and visit Kelli on her blog.  I know you will love her!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.