Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday - v. 33








Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

The past week {again} has had its share of "moments" for me.  I really need to be spending more time in the Word and leaning on God and focusing on what is true rather than all of the worries that are consuming me.

So....

Not going to be a negative Nancy here.  I did have a bunch of great things happen in the past week and I'm going to share them here!

Worship Week for Moira!
I am so proud of my budding little artist!







1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Moira's Futsal Game!
The team may not have won, but Moira played her little heart out!



Family night out at a Charleston Battery soccer game!







Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

For a very much needed sleepover with a friend!
Moira met my good friend's grand-daughter last summer.  The girls are almost exactly 2 years apart, Moira being the younger of the two.  This girl lives in North Carolina and is back down here visiting her grandparents for a while, so we managed to get the girls together at our place for a sleepover.  Moira was beyond excited.  She has been so anxious to have someone to play with.  There just aren't many kids in the apartment complex we live in, and while she has friends at school, they aren't "out of school" friends.  Anyway...back to the happy stuff.  We ordered pizza and the girls watched some stuff on Netflix.  I had a meeting at church, but when I came home, Ron, the girls and I sat down for an intense game of Clue.  Moira won.

 There's been a lot of silliness in the house.  There usually is when Moira's around!




So, those are the highlights of my week...in pictures this time!

Praying for Ron and Moira as they travel to Texas to visit Ron's mom and his sister and her family.  They'll be gone til mid-week next week.  Unfortunately, it's just not possible for our family to do the typical summer family vacations that other families seem to do.  Yes, we are taking Peyton to Boston in August, but if it weren't for medical reasons, we wouldn't be going anywhere with her.  Pray for me too during this time - you have no idea how appealing the idea of a vacation is to me right now.  I am praying that my inability to partake will not cause me to slip into a funk {even more than our nursing situation has gotten me into}.  I am praying that they will enjoy their time away and that they will come back refreshed and renewed.  Rumor has it there's the potential for Moira to have another sleepover when she gets back home!

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!! 
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
Thankful Thursday at InspiredRD
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
a thought for Thursday hosted by: Elf House Chronicles
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries
Thankful Thursday with Brown Eyed Bell(e)
A Day In The Life
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.