Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday - v. 32



Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

This week I have much to be grateful for.  Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend an amazing retreat with my church's Sisterhood women's ministry.  It was the cap on the end of an 8 week "LIFE" course - that's "Living In Freedom Everyday", a course about breaking the chains that bind you and keep you from a full relationship with God.   I am going to have to write about the retreat, but I've found it all to be extremely emotionally draining - I'm not ready to share it all yet.  I don't mean that to sound negative.  The retreat was an amazing retreat - one that challenged me immensely.  I feel like I have a new lease on life in many ways, but the challenge for me going forward is to not fall back into hold habits that will bind me back up again.  I will share more on this course and retreat in due time.  Suffice it to say, I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to attend this retreat and for all that I experienced through attending.  I am grateful for the women I fellowshipped with while attending.  I can't even describe the thanks I feel towards the prayer warriors who prayed over me six different times over the course of the retreat.  Most of all, I am thankful for a God who is loving and merciful and who accepts me just as I am, just where I am.

I want to say how grateful I am to have this blog as a place where I can openly and freely share my faith.  I don't do it for honor or glory.  Those things do not belong to me, but to Him.  He has opened this path for me, and it is my place to use it for His glory.  I hope and pray that I can accomplish that as I journey through this great big blog world.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Sometimes you have to give thanks for circumstances that were beyond your control - like experiencing a loss.  Grief can be a long and painful journey.  No one moves through it in the same way or at the same pace.  I am so grateful for the GriefShare group I joined at church a month or so ago.  It is through this group that I am trying to deal with feelings that have re-emerged almost two years after the loss of my mother.  It is with their encouragement I wrote a grief letter here on my blog recently.  I am thankful for having a place to meet with other grieving people and for having an opportunity to deal with my grief.

Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

I am thankful, again, for all of you here.  I do appreciate all of you who follow {whether by clicking a "join me" type button on my blog, or you simply show up here on a regular basis}.  I appreciate that you take the time out of your day to come here to read, to comment, to encourage, and to share.  I want to thank Kassi from Truly Lovely who shared something that she and her sister, Kayli, are doing on their blog.  I'd love for you to read about their "10 Weeks of Thanks" and to take part!

I am also grateful to have been contacted by Becky from Tales of Beauty for Ashes about co-hosting a new link party called Into The Word Wednesdays.  This is a place where you can come by and link up your posts about what you are learning in scripture each week.  I hope that you will take part!

Source



Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
Thankful Thursday at InspiredRD
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
a thought for Thursday hosted by: Elf House Chronicles
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries
Thankful Thursday with Brown Eyed Bell(e)
A Day In The Life
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.