Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday - v. 31










Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

I am trying to bring some positivity into my life.  The past few weeks have been rather stressful.  The on-going saga of Peyton's home nursing situation has really beaten me down.  While we have been blessed with a turn-around in this area with the nurses who cover some of the hours, our main nurse has taken another patient and we've been struggling in general to get all of our hours covered.  I am grateful to have a husband who is constantly reminding me that any hours we get are a blessing at this point - even if it means that we aren't getting all of our hours covered.  I am praying for strength and for endurance to get through this time.  I have a difficult time when I look at the schedule and the calendar and realize that we're running short on hours - even if it's just 3 or 4 hours short of what we are allowed.  I am praying for the ability to realize that Ron is absolutely right and that I can have peace over this whole situation.

I am beyond grateful for belonging to an incredibly life-giving church.  Twice in just over a week, I have been hit over the head with amazing messages from two of our pastors.  At First Wednesday last week, our senior pastor spoke about God's plan for us.  That there is a plan.  God has a plan for us even though we may not realize it or recognize that there is one.  Then on Sunday, another pastor spoke about how we often find ourselves in situations {the "what"} but we sometimes have a difficult time understanding the "why" behind it.  The situation could be good or bad, but we don't always see everything behind the "what".  The message behind this was that God knows the "why", and even when we don't understand what that is, He does, and His intention is to use our situation for good and for His glory.  I wrote a little about this over at Embrace Your Life blog this week.  I am so grateful for these messages, as they have helped me tremendously in this time when I'm not really understanding why our nursing situation seems to be falling apart.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Last week, I took Peyton to her orthopedist because she's been having an incredible amount of pain as well as some problems with her joints which are getting worse over time.  We're desperate for some answers and I need to have some hope for her.  The doctor was nothing but condescending.  It was an awful experience. This is another reason why I was grateful for the messages at church!  All of this is to say that I am most grateful for an upcoming opportunity which I shared on Peyton's CaringBridge page on June 8th.  We have discussed the possibility of bringing Peyton to some other hospital for some second opinions.  This doctor visit prompted us to make this possibility a reality.  I had already gathered some information, so I made some phone calls and within an hour I had set up four doctor appointments at Boston Children's Hospital.  The idea  traveling almost 1,000 miles north to Boston is rather daunting.  It is not easy at all to travel with Peyton, and we haven't done so since my mom passed away in July 2010, but we are heading up to Boston in mid-August.  I am really excited and grateful to have this opportunity to try to find some answers for Peyton, but at the same time I am nervous about the traveling part - and being away from home in general.  Please pray for her to be well during this time away.

Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

I would be remiss if I did not express my gratitude to you in the blogging community!  This has been an amazing year of blogging and I would not still be blogging without the support of so many friends out there in the blogging world.  I've gotten to know so many wonderful people - and I continue to meet knew amazing people all the time.  It is amazing the friendships that can be formed here!  And to all of you you have contributed to, entered, and promoted the heck out of my blogiversary giveaway... THANK YOU!  I'll be announcing the winner of the giveaway just as soon as I can get all those entries verified!!  Stay tuned!  {update...you can find out more details here!}

Source

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
Thankful Thursday at InspiredRD
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
a thought for Thursday hosted by: Elf House Chronicles
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries
Thankful Thursday with Brown Eyed Bell(e)
A Day In The Life
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.