Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Fun: Futsal and Soccer

We had a full Saturday this past weekend.  I have to say, with all the stressful things going on in our lives, it is really great to have a day that's family oriented and just plain fun.  Saturday was one of those days.

We began the day a little lazily.  Of course, I had to take care of Peyton's needs until the nurse arrived, but it all went smoothly.  I had a ton of laundry to do, so I got caught up on some of that.  I know laundry sounds like work and not fun, but in truth, doing laundry doesn't bother me.  Sorting, hanging up and putting away is another story...but at least everything is clean!

Moira had her second futsal game.  I wrote about that in a previous post.  There's only three teams in her league, so they actually wound up playing the same team as last time.  Once again, our team lost.  The other team is just really good.  They're bigger and they are better.  Our team was down several girls.  It's a five on five game and we had five girls.  That meant no subs - all of our girls had to play the entire game.  I don't know about the other girls, but that's tough on Moira!!  We didn't win, but our girls played their hearts.  I actually saw some plays from Moira I hadn't seen in a long time.  She isn't the strongest player on the team but she was getting in there and hustling far more than I've seen in a while.  It was great to see.



As you can see, Moira was getting just a little tired towards the end!  But she played her heart out and she really did try!!

We came home from futsal and had a little while to rest.  Moira got herself showered and dressed.  She relaxed for a while as well.  We had plans for the evening.  Ron's company was having a picnic over at the Charleston Battery.  They've done this each year, for at least the past few years since we've been here. {I'm sure they've been doing it for a while!}  The evening starts with the picnic located out on the back practice field at the Battery stadium.  It was a catered deal with burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, chips, and drinks.  The food goes fast, so we got there early.  Then we had a while to wait before game time.  The company provided tickets for employees and their families for a Charleston Battery game.

Moira was being silly.  I couldn't get her to make a "normal" face.  Her soccer team is in the Cainhoy Athletic Soccer Club.  The club has an affiliation with the Battery.


 The Charleston Battery played the Harrisburg City Islanders.  The Battery won 3-1!




All in all it was a full, hot and fun day!  It was great to get out and do these thing together all while not having to worry about Peyton, who was home being taken care of by the nurse.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.