Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thankful Thursdays - v 27










Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

Today I am beyond thankful for two incredible things this week.

First, I am sure I don't say it often enough.  I am certain I don't show it enough.  But I am so beyond grateful and thankful for the gift of my husband, Ron, in my life.  Today Ron is celebrating his 40th birthday.  Last year I wrote a post for his birthday.  I would encourage you to read it - the same holds true today as it did then.  There isn't anyone I'd rather go through life with than this guy.  He is an amazing husband and father.  I couldn't ask for a better provider for our family.  Where others might give up, Ron has been solid through everything we've been through.  I love him with all my heart and am thankful for each day with him.

Ron - Gatlinburg, TN {April 2011}
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Second, I can't begin to describe how blessed our family is to have been able to share a sixth birthday with Peyton this past Tuesday.  I wrote all about those blessings on Tuesday {click the link to read} and I fear that if I start writing again about all of the ways in which I am grateful for her and blessed by her, I'm going to have to build myself an ark as I might just wind up flooding the place with tears again.  God knows what's on my heart right now.


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

There is great joy that comes with celebrating life this week but it's been an emotional week with a few challenges thrown in.  All that said, God is good, and He has seen us through most of the challenges we've been up against.

Right now, I just ask for prayers for Peyton.  If you follow me on twitter or facebook, you may have seen me mentioning that Peyton is having a difficult time the past several weeks maintaining her oxygen levels.  I won't get into all the clinical details here, but we're trying to figure out why.  I'm sure it's nothing too serious, but ask for prayers all the same.  It could be an infection that hasn't really turned into an illness yet or it could be progression of whatever her underlying condition is.  Either way, prayers are always welcome!

Is there any way I can pray for you this week?
{click on the "email me" button on the top right side bar}


Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
Thankful Thursday at InspiredRD
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
a thought for Thursday hosted by: Elf House Chronicles
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries
Thankful Thursday with Brown Eyes Bell(e)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.