Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thankful Thursdays - v 26

WELCOME TO
THANKFUL THURSDAYS
{a weekly link up}

Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

I am so grateful to have you here - really I am.  For all the new people - welcome.  For all the faithful followers - thank you for continuing to stop by this link up!  For all those who link up, whether for the first time or 10th time {or more!} - thank you for sharing each week!

I am thankful and so blessed with the provision of a small part time job this week.  I am assisting in a flower shop making the arm bouquets and boutonnieres for the College of Charleston graduations this weekend.  I have a new appreciation for what goes on behind the scenes in a flower shop now, that's for sure.  It is hard work!!!  Aside from the 850+ and 400+ bouquets and boutonnieres, they're prepping for 6 or 7 weddings this weekend, plus Mother's Day, plus the daily stuff and other events which may be going on (i.e. hotels, etc.).  In addition to appreciating what goes on behind the scenes, I also have a new appreciation for the cost of flowers!  Next time I cringe at the thought of how much an arrangement costs, I will remember this week!


I am also very grateful for a brief outing Ron, Moira and I had after church last Sunday.  We wound up going to the waterfront for a walk along the pier.  It was beautiful.  I wound up taking a bunch of pictures and even had a few turn out that I thought were pretty good!






 I am particularly grateful for this semi-family picture.  I just wish Peyton were in it.  I don't know the last time we had a nice family picture.  I'm pretty sure it involved a Christmas tree, so it's really nice to have something different for a change.  I also was able to get a picture of myself {imagine this shot without Ron and Moira and that's what it looks like} which I can now share with other bloggers for sponsor posts and ad swaps.  Again, the one I've been sharing for months now involves a Christmas tree.  Not real "seasonal" for May sponsorships now, is it?!


I am very grateful for the extension of our nursing hours from 40 hours a week to 56 hours over the past couple months or so.  We are anxiously awaiting the news of whether or not the 56 hours will continue.  Currently, we are scheduled to go back down to 40 hours a week starting this Sunday.  While I am so thankful for the help, 40 hours a week of home nursing just isn't enough to keep Peyton from winding up in the hospital.

Please pray for us that we get the hours extended.  Also please pray for me because, after two days of this part time job, I am in tears.  I am so incredibly tired it hurts.  It was painful to stay awake beyond 8:30 Tuesday night and as I write this {Wednesday night} it isn't looking much better.  I'm so far beyond exhausted it isn't even funny.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity to contribute to our family's finances right now, because I know we need this, but I'm recognizing that caregiver fatigue/burnout and a part time job do not go well together.  I am having a really hard time tonight as I write this.

Thanks so much!!  Looking forward to your posts!  Please know how much I appreciate the posts - I'm going to try to read them all as soon as I can, but this job may keep me from it for longer than I want.  Still, please link up and share with everyone else until I can take a moment to read!!

Is there any way in which I can pray for you?
(for privacy, you can use the email link on the right side bar)


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!

I'm so excited to read your posts!
Featured At The Fontenot Four

linking up with:


The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave

PhotobucketButton Photobucket
Elf House Chronicles a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut
Thankful Thursdays Button 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.