Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thankful Thursday - v 28








Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

This week I am going to start with the difficult stuff.  You know, the stuff it's hard to find ways to give thanks for.  More staffing issues with our home nursing for Peyton.  Our second nurse has left and we can't get all our hours covered at the moment.

BUT...

Somehow, by divine providence, we were able to secure a nurse before we even knew we'd be needing her!  I just happened to write a post about contentment, which just happened to have been read by a friend from church {who also happens to have a blog...you should check her out!}, who just happened to have a friend who is an RN, who just happens to be looking for work....

Long story short...this nurse friend of hers, who I already recognized as a fellow Seacoaster {she goes to my church}, came on by to meet Peyton.  We were just talking in terms of having someone as a back up - someone who we might be able to call on to babysit for both our kids if ever Ron and I wanted to have a date.  We so rarely get out because we'd have to have a nurse for Peyton and a sitter for Moira.  This girl would be able to do both as a sitter who happens to be an RN.  After discussing that, I just happened to think that maybe she should consider contacting our nursing agency because even with 2 nurses {remember, at this time, we did not know we were about to lose the second nurse}, there are sometimes shifts we need which aren't able to be covered.

Literally the next day we found out that our second nurse gave her notice.  Enter our new nurse friend...phone call made to her...phone calls with the agency...etc, etc...this new friend is now in training/orienting to be our new nurse!!! 

Praise God!!

Our pastor always says that God is at work on a solution before we even know there is a problem.  I think this is the perfect example of that!

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

I am thankful for a wonderful loving and supportive husband who ever so graciously puts up with me when I get upset over events like what happened above.

I went out on a limb this weekend and just started playing around with paint and pic monkey, creating my first-ever attempts at scripture prints.  I am so thankful for one of my new bloggy BFFs, Kelly, for being the first one to view these and provide feedback.  I just thought I'd share them with you to see what you all thought.  I'm debating whether or not I want to sell these {as .jpg files, not necessarily as actual printed prints at first}.  I'd like to try my hand at some more.  Bear in mind, my graphic arts skills are limited and pretty well confined to paint and pic monkey until such time as I can figure out Gimp!  Let me know your thoughts.  And, hey, if you do want to buy one....I might be convinced to sell!  Let me know!

{As an update, I have opened shop HERE!}

 



Philippians 4:6 (NLT)

Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

Do you need prayer for anything this week?
If you do, I'm happy to pray for your needs.  
Just click the email me link at the top of the right side bar and shoot me a message!



Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!
Featured At The Fontenot Four


linking up with:
The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave
Thankful Thursday with First Day of My Life
Thankful Thursday at InspiredRD
thankful thursday with kate says stuff
a thought for Thursday hosted by: Elf House Chronicles
thankful with a punk a pumpkin and a peanut
thankful Thursdays with black tag diaries
Thankful Thursday with Brown Eyes Bell(e)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.