Friday, May 11, 2012

My Birchbox - May 2012

I am starting to love this time of month!  I went to the mailbox today and found this lovely surprise, 3 days early!!



I haven't seen anything yet on this month's Birchbox, so I was pretty anxious to tear into it.  For this month, they have created a set of samples that are inspired by the show "Gossip Girl".  Since I know absolutely nothing about this show {I have at least heard of it!}, I cannot say how they in any way relate to the show.  I'm just excited to receive my box!


So this is the card that lists all of the items which are inside my Birchbox this month.  The card offers a description of each of the products as well as the cost if you were to order the full-size product through Birchbox.


First up is the Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm.  I think my tired looking eyes could use this!  I'm pretty pleased with having this product in the box.  At $65 for the full-sized product, it is my sincere hope that it is just that good!  I will let you know!!

Next is the Color Club Nail Polish in Disco Nap.  I will say this, the picture of the polish on the Birchbox site looks more silver than what I have in my hand.  But my picture below makes it look slightly more golden than it actually is.  I would say that the picture below is closer to the actual product I received.  At $8 for the full-sized product, I think that sounds reasonable.  The sample size was a pretty decent size - not full-sized, but as often as I paint my nails {not often}, it should last me a long time!

Next is Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse BB {Beauty Balm} Cream.  I'm excited about this!  The card pictured above describes it as a "four-in-one moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, and skin-perfecting tint".  Full-sized product is $32.  I am hoping it is worth it!  I'll be trying this out tomorrow!

The Ojon Volume Advance Volumizing Shampoo is next on the list.  At $22 a bottle {full-size}, I am hoping that it is pretty special shampoo.  I'm always a little leary about expensive shampoos - they aren't all that good.  Still, I am anxious to try it out.

Last up, the "Birchbox Extra" - just a little something extra special added to the box as a bonus.  This month I received a little notecard which can be purchased as a set of 12 for $10.  I can't say that I'm over the moon excited about this little add on, but hey, it's all good.

All in all, I have to say I'm pretty excited about the products I received this month.  I am looking forward to trying them out.  Once I've tried everything, I'll post a review for you!







If you are interested in Birchbox, it's $10 a month for the subscription.  You earn 10 points for every $10 spent.  When you've spent $100, you earn $10 to use in their shop!  You can earn points shopping in their shop as well.  Also, you can earn points by referring friends!

Click HERE if you'd like more information!

If you already subscribe to Birchbox, what was in your box this month??
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.