Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Birthday Girl

Peyton turned SIX yesterday!  I can't even believe it!  It was so wonderful to celebrate this occasion.  At the same time, it left me fairly emotional by the end of the day.  I just thought I would make this a simple post and share a few pictures with you.  Hope you don't mind!

We brought Peyton's gifts in to her room for her to open.  Daddy was making faces at her to get her to smile.  I just love her precious smile.



Daddy then decided to put Peyton's glasses on her so she could see her gifts better!  So cute, but I don't think she was too impressed.



Moira was put in charge of actually handing things to her little sister.  Peyton was just busy doing her own thing.



You may have heard me mention here or in person about how flexible Peyton is.  This is nothing compared to what she can do, but I thought I'd share anyway!  I think she is trying to fix her hair.



Moira simply took gifts out of the bags and piled them on Peyton one by one.  Peyton got lots of new clothes and a couple little squishy toys.









I love my family.  I love that we got this day with Peyton.  But it was emotional.  Birthdays are for celebrating - and we did - but it's tough.  I said "Happy Birthday" to her all day long as excited as I could.  I loved on her and just enjoyed her.  It's just so hard for me to see that for Peyton today was no different from any other day really.  She doesn't understand the day, the fuss, the excited "Happy Birthday"s, or the gifts.  I wish she knew.  Either way, I just hope she understands how precious she is to me and how much I love her.  I think she does.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.