Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursdays Link Up - v 23

WELCOME TO
THANKFUL THURSDAYS
{a weekly link up}

Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Wow!  Week 23 already.  I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by.  Does anyone else feel it??  It seems like this year has just been really fast for some reason.  I don't know if it's because I'm older or because we're so busy or what it is.  But time is flying by!

Last week I was in a bit of a funk.  Things have improved some this week.

Last week we were winding up our extension of having 56 hours a week of home nursing for Peyton.  We were going to be dropping back to 40 hours as of this past Sunday.  On Friday afternoon, I received an email from Peyton's coordinator that they were extending the 56 hours an additional 4 weeks!!  Usually the extension is because she just got out of the hospital.  Not the case this time.  God was at work in this and for that I am truly thankful.  Medicaid has been relentless about taking away services, so this is truly a blessing.

Spring break ended and Moira is back to school.  Honestly, I am thankful for that.  This is where I start feeling guilty as a mom.   I love her.  But I am completely tapped out.  I have zero energy to exert right now. It was all I could do to get up and get her out to her three doctor appointments last week.  At least now that she's back in school, she's having fun with her friends and is doing something!

I am thankful for my new followers here!  I've joined up in some blog hops here in the past week and I've gained some new followers.  I'm grateful for each of you and I look forward to getting to know you!

I am thankful for some great bloggy friends: Hannah, Amanda, Tricia, Kelli and Kelly!  You girls are awesome.  And there are so many more ladies I'd love to share with you - you can check out my right sidebar for that!!

I am thankful for beautiful weather.  It really is lovely here right now!

I am so grateful for having heard an amazing message at church this past Sunday.  We are studying 1 Corinthians 13 and the pastor talked about why love is so hard.  I wrote a post on that, which you can check out here.

I'm thankful for an opportunity last Saturday for Ron, Moira and I to get out together and go to a Charleston  Battery {pro soccer} game.  Blessed to have this facility literally within a couple minutes from home!  We had such a fun time.  You can read about that here.





I am so blessed and grateful for my church family, as always.  I am excited that our "Sisterhood" mornings are starting up today!!  If you're new here, this is our women's ministry.  We meet for a "semester" at a time and we have a bible study during that time.  The first semester I joined, we studied Priscilla Shirer's SEED books.  It was amazing.  Last semester it was a study on "Arise".  For the second semester in a row, I am going to be leading a table.  We are doing a study that our church developed.  It's called "L.I.F.E", which stands for Living in Freedom Every Day.  This is offered as a course in and of itself where anyone can take it when it's offered.  However, it's being offered through Sisterhood!  I'm really excited because a LIFE course recently began outside of Sisterhood and I would have liked to have done it.  I couldn't.  I haven't ever done it before, so while I'm really excited, I am also nervous at the prospect of being a table leader.  Please pray for that for me!

As I've been trying to do here lately, I want to give thanks in the difficult circumstances of life.  I could take the easy way out and say, look at what I just gave thanks for - and it was all during a week when I've been so exhausted.  But I'm always exhausted.  The one area where I feel like I've been getting "attacked" is the incredible desire or need to check out - not all the way...just get away for a bit on my own for a couple days or so.  I feel like if I could just step outside my circumstances for a few days, I might be able to rejuvenate my spirits somehow.  This just isn't an area where I see this happening anytime soon and it's been bringing me down.  How do I give thanks through this time?  I am thankful for the love of my family.  I am thankful that my husband recognizes this need and is willing to think about how we can accomplish something to help me out.  Just praying now that we can do something.

Through everything - through the good times and through the challenges this past week, I am so blessed and so very thankful!

Is there any way in which I can pray for you?
(for privacy, you can use the email link on the right side bar)


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!

I'm so excited to read your posts!
Featured At The Fontenot Four

linking up with:


The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave

PhotobucketButton Photobucket
Elf House Chronicles a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut
Thankful Thursdays Button 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.