Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thankful Thursdays Link Up - v 22

WELCOME TO
THANKFUL THURSDAYS
{a weekly link up}

Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

First and foremost, this week, I am beyond thankful for Easter - for the fact that Jesus was obedient to his Father til death on a cross came for him so that, 2000 years later, my slate would be wiped clean.

I have had a challenging week.  Just stressful.  Nothing major has happened, but life has been stressful and I have to say that I probably haven't dealt with it as well as I might have.  Anyway, for whatever reason, there's been a lot of stress and not as much grace as there should be.  VERY thankful that God has new grace and mercy for us each day.

So grateful for the opportunity to participate in a block party with our church's adopt a block outreach last Saturday.  It's things like this which make me even more grateful for the blessings that I do have in my life.  {I also blogged about this over at Embrace Your Life.}



The Dream Center also shared a video slideshow of the event:



I'm blessed and grateful for the opportunity to help another blogger out by submitting a guest post on the subject of "rest" for her to use while she is involved in some other things outside the blogosphere.  Thanks, Jen, for having me!

For the opportunity to help another blogger out by submitting a guest post on the subject of "dealing with trials in marriage" while she and her hubby went on a vacation for their 10 year anniversary!  {Congrats Kelli & Ben!!}  I'm so excited and thankful to have been able to share {again!} on your blog.  Thank you!

So grateful for an excellent report that came out of Moira's consult with the orthodontist today!!  In his words, "She's going to have a full movie star smile like Julia Roberts. If she were my daughter or niece, I would not do anything to her teeth."

Moira at the dental clinic at MUSC getting comfortable with my Kindle and Netflix - thank God for wifi!!
I'm pretty sure I'm ok with that!




Source: google.com via Lauren on Pinterest

Thankful that for the past several weeks since Peyton was in the hospital {twice} we have had a temporary bump up in home nursing hours for her - from 40 hours a week to 56 hours a week - even if for a few of those weeks they weren't able to actually schedule 56 hours {and one week was not even 40!}.  I just pray for strength as we move beyond Sunday when our hours go back down to 40 hours a week and I try to manage without that extra help.  Praying that Peyton stays well after we go back to 40.

When I was coming home from the orthdontist yesterday, I heard this song on the radio.  I really hadn't been a fan of this song.  It was ok, but nothing special, I thought.  But as I drove, I listened.  Yet again, here was a song that really spoke {to me at least} about how grateful we should be for the time that we have - and how we don't know how long or short that time may be.  As the song says:

We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
And today we remember to live and to love

{More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/s/superchick/#share}



Through everything - through the good times and through the challenges this past week, I am so blessed and so very thankful!

Is there any way in which I can pray for you?
(for privacy, you can use the email link on the right side bar)


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!

I'm so excited to read your posts!
Featured At The Fontenot Four

linking up with:


The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave


PhotobucketButton Photobucket
Elf House Chronicles a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut
Thankful Thursdays Button 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.