Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursdays Link Up - v 21

WELCOME TO
THANKFUL THURSDAYS
{a weekly link up}

Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Twenty one weeks of this link up!  That's what I'm thankful for.  I actually had a version of this link up before these 21 weeks but this one is 21 weeks old!  I am so thankful for all of my fellow bloggers who stop by to link up their "thankful" posts and for all of the people who come by to read these posts.

Do you know I'm still beyond grateful for the message I heard from Ann Voskamp a couple weeks back??  And did you know that I still haven't really shared all there is to share from that experience??  It's coming!

I am grateful for Sisterhood - my church's women's ministry.  For finishing a semester last week and for a new semester about to begin shortly.  For all the friendships made and for those yet to come.

Blessed and grateful to be part of a church that brings in some pretty amazing talent.  Last night at our First Wednesday service, Matt Redman led worship.  The service was amazing.  God was definitely in the house!!  {Please excuse my "non-smart phone" photo...this is as good as it gets with my phone...and a little picmonkey!}






My favorite song of the evening was probably this one:



I am grateful for this absolutely glorious weather we've been having.  It's been perfect.  I love where I live!

Beyond blessed with happy children and a wonderfully supportive husband.

Oh, but the difficult things.  We must adopt a "theology of thanksgiving" - giving thanks in all times and in all situations.  We've had a few rough patches this week.  Tiredness, crankiness {yes, me}, miscommunication, poor sleep {all of us}, and so on.  One of our pastors gave a powerful message on Palm Sunday that really stuck with me.  Even when it seems like all hope is lost, God is still with us.  We must pray during these times of despair.  We must know that we can trust God.  As Ann Voskamp said at the conference, by listing the ways in which we are thankful to God for the things around us, we are in fact listing all the ways which we know we can count on Him!  I am thankful for a God who is loving and forgiving and who grants mercy each day.

Through everything - through the good times and through the challenges this past week, I am so blessed and so very thankful!

Is there any way in which I can pray for you?
(for privacy, you can use the email link on the right side bar)


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!

I'm so excited to read your posts!
Featured At The Fontenot Four

linking up with:


The Ramblings of Mrs. Hargrave


PhotobucketButton Photobucket
Elf House Chronicles a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut
Thankful Thursdays Button 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.