Saturday, April 21, 2012

Daily Wisdom Challenge 2012 - Week 16





Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest

On January 1, I began my second-ever year long bible study.Our pastor calls it the "Daily Wisdom Challengeor the "Twitter Bible Study".

The purpose is to engage in a reading plan for a year, and each day, post insight from your reading in 140 characters or less.

Here is what I learned this past week:
{links included for the scripture referenced only}

Luke 18:15 Praying for that unashamed childlike faith that allows me to run to Jesus and be blessed by Him. 
{Note: The picture of Jesus and the children above is the same as one that hung in my room as a child. When Moira was a baby, I went to a religious book shop and found the same one so I bought it and it has hung in her and Peyton's rooms ever since!}

Prov 13:9 The godly radiate a light and joy that just cannot be found amongst the wicked. Do I radiate that light or snuff it out?

Prov 13:11 Any gain made through schemes will not last. What lasts is what you gain over time through intentional hard work.

Prov 13:14 To seek instruction from the wise is to seek life; not doing so can bring peril.

Proverbs 13:16 Do you act first or think first. The wise person will consider their actions before doing them.

Prov 13:19 How caught up are we in the things of this world that we fail to pursue what really matters?

Luke 21:17-19 Stand firm in your belief in Christ as your Savior - even when those around you turn against you for doing so.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.