Thursday, April 26, 2012

The 30 Day What????


I've gotta be honest with you all.
The sun is setting on my 30's and I am so out of shape, it's pathetic.
I'm exhausted all the time.
{If you read this blog, you know I've got one or two things going on in my life!}
I have no energy.  No motivation.
And I'm down...a lot.

A lot of this is situational.
Look at all the stress in my life.
And who doesn't love a good soda or snack or something utterly unhealthy when they're down??
But in the end, what does it get you??
For me, I feel worse.
More sluggish as the pounds creep up on me.
Less motivated.
Less energy.

I decided on a whim that I was going to do something.
So I decided to enter into the exercise realm with a little light exercise routine.


Yes that was sarcasm!

Yeah, so I decided that this was what I needed to do to get my butt in gear.
Am I totally insane????

Have any of you done this workout?
I am successfully completed Day 7 at Level 1 this morning.
I've been getting up at 5:30 every morning to do this because it needs to be done before the rest of the house wakes up.
If you care to see what I've been putting myself through if you aren't familiar, take a look here:
{note: you may have a short ad to wait through at the beginning, but this is the full level 1 workout...you can fast forward to skip to different parts}


So, yes, I have successfully completed this workout seven times and I have lived to talk about it.  I am not going to lie - it is not easy.  I am watching the beginner person and I can't always keep up all the time.  BUT my endurance is increasing.  After day one, I thought I was going to die.  Especially once I got through the day and slept...then woke up on day two only to have to repeat the torture!  Toilet seats never seemed so painfully low ever in my life before!!  I am feeling muscles I didn't know existed.

After seven days, I can say this:
The first 5 days are going to be your worst...especially the first three.
You're going to sweat like nothing else!
You're going to hurt like nothing else!
Your muscles are going to feel like jello for most of these days.
You're going to think that this lady is insane...a task master...a liar.
BUT...
She encourages you.  She pushes you.  She portends to want you to succeed.
It's only 20 minutes, but it's going to seem like the longest 20 minutes of your life.
AND...
After seven days, I am feeling a bit better.
I am still tired...but I'm always tired.
I don't feel like such a sloth.
I am drinking more water than I used to, although still nowhere near enough.
I still have tons of weight to lose and inches to shed, but I feel less flabby.
Maybe it's all in my head, but I feel like things are improving already.

I think I can do this.  I really do!!

Have you done this?
Share your stories in the comments!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.