Saturday, March 10, 2012

To My Sweet 8 Year Old

March 10, 2004.
The day that changed my world forever!
The day that Moira entered our world.
It hasn't been the same since!
Happy 8th Birthday Moira!!!

Back in March 2004, I was 34 weeks pregnant and {once again} developing severe pre-eclampsia, a condition which, back in 2001, was so bad our son was stillborn at 6 months and caused me to be fighting for my life.  In 2004, I was pregnant for the 3rd time - after suffering an early miscarriage in 2003.  In March 2004, I was with an amazing high risk OB/Gyn who took one look at my worsening condition and had me admitted promptly.  The goal at about 34 weeks was to keep me in the hospital til I delivered.  The goal was to keep that baby in there as long as possible.  However, a couple days later, it became very clear that we couldn't hold out any longer.  My condition was worsening, so they had to induce me.  Once again, I was in fear of what might happen.  Third time's a charm, right?

This is me, all hooked up to all kinds of monitors.  This is me, very very very full of fluid because of the pre-eclampsia.  I was not a "glowing" pregnant person with a "cute" baby bump.  This is me, scared and uncertain as to what was going to happen.

This is me, looking puffier and sicker.  This is me, not a whole lot longer after the picture above was taken.  Within hours.  I looked horrible.  I felt horrible.  Scared.

At 11:04 p.m. on March 10th, Moira Jane came into this world, a whopping 4 lbs 13.7 oz.  Just a tiny little thing.  To this day, she is still a night owl.  To this day, I can't believe the hospital charged us for the nursery for those 56 minutes of March 10th, 2004 - she never was in the nursery on that date.  She'd just been born and was with me!!

Wide eyed and wondering what in the world is going on.  Poor Moira has a nice indentation on her head from where they had to place a monitor on her before she was born.

Our first family picture!

Sadly, Moira wasn't adjusting to our little world too well and wasn't holding her body temperature very well.  She wound up in the NICU for a week or so after she was born.  I can't tell you how upset I was - having to leave the hospital without my baby...again.

It really shook me, but fortunately we did have a baby to bring home this time!

As I look back over the years in photos, I cannot believe the changes in my {not so} little girl since that day in 2004 when we brought her into this world.  Here she is, through the years.
{all photos are on or within a couple weeks of her birthday}

Age 1
{still my baby}


Age 2
{the adventures of a toddler}



Age 3
{um, excuse me, but where did my baby go??}


Age 4
{whoah, someone slam on the brakes here!}



 Age 5
{the "little girl" look is starting to fade} 


Age 6
{she is growing up way too fast!}

Age 7
{wow!}



And here she is...
almost 8!!




I seriously have no clue where the time has gone.  As I look over these pictures, I cannot believe the changes she's been through in such a short time.  When I see young girls who are just a year or two older than she is, I shudder to think of the changes that will be coming soon!  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  Next year...the year after...she will not look like a little kid much longer.  I thank God for all of these years and all of these moments with Moira.  She is so incredibly active independent, special, loving, caring, CHATTY, funny, smart, incredible young girl.  I love the girl she has been and I love the girl she is becoming.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOIRA!!



Love,
Mommy
{can I still be "mommy" for a while longer??}
Photobucket

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.