Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thankful Thursdays Link Up - v 20

WELCOME TO
THANKFUL THURSDAYS
{a weekly link up}

Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Yesterday, I vlogged about how I am learning to give thanks.  You may be thinking, "Learning??  Isn't this your 20th week in a row to host a Thankful Thursdays link up??"  My answer would be, yes.  I am still learning.  As I shared in my vlog and in an earlier post, I had the opportunity to attend a conference last weekend where Ann Voskamp was the speaker.  I really believe that God was working through her to speak to me about how I give thanks.

It's more than just giving thanks for the simple things...the easy things that come to mind so readily.  It's also about giving thanks for the not so easy thing...the things that you really have to dig deep to find gratitude.  But God wants us to do that.  We are supposed to give him praise in all situations - good and bad.

Right now, I am so thankful for Ann's word that she brought because it has really been on my heart this week and I'm still processing it!  I feel like I am needing to be "released" to share all I learned.  I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how I feel right now.  I am learning and I am grateful.

I'm thankful always for the easy things - my family, my friends, this blogging community, my church community; for beautiful weather; for food on my plate, clothes on my back, and a roof over my head; for an amazing report card brought home by my 8 year old yesterday.

Then there's the difficult things.  Oh, how to find gratitude during difficult times.  This past week, we have dealt with our regular home nurse being ill {and having to go to the ER in an ambulance last week from our home} and who continues to struggle with that.  The part time nurse has issues.  I can understand and give grace where it's due {at least where I think it is}, but we're having a difficult time with attitude and lack of professionalism.  After Peyton was sick, we had our nursing hours bumped up from 40 hours a week to 56 through April 14th, only to find out last week they were being cut back to 40 immediately.  It was a fight to get that sorted out.  How do you give thanks while all that is going on?  I'm already beyond exhausted.  I'm not feeling well myself right now.  Yet during this time, I must give thanks because we must honor and glorify God each and every day.  So, during this time, I am thankful that we have home nurses.  We didn't always have home nursing.  I am thankful that the company is very aware of our situation and that they are doing all they can in light of what's been going on.  I am thankful that they sent out another nurse to orient and I pray that she works out as an option for us.  I am thankful that through it all Peyton has managed to stay relatively healthy {despite a little fever the other night} and hasn't wound up back at the hospital.

Through everything - through the good times and through the challenges this past week, I am so blessed and so very thankful!

Is there any way in which I can pray for you?
(for privacy, you can use the email link on the right side bar)


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!

I'm so excited to read your posts!
Featured At The Fontenot Four

linking up with:
PhotobucketButton Photobucket
Elf House Chronicles a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut
Thankful Thursdays Button 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.