Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursdays Link Up - v 18

WELCOME TO
THANKFUL THURSDAYS
{a weekly link up}

Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

This past week seems a blur right now.  What have I done this past week?  Did I accomplish anything?  Did I make a difference at all?  I look back and think - no, I don't think I did.  I've been bummed out.  Readership is down.  I just had a clue into that last night - perhaps it's the demise of GFC for non-blogger sites that has cost me some followers.

But I don't want to dwell on the things that I'm letting get me down.  Yep, bolded that.  I am letting those get to me and I should not be doing that.  So I will cease!

So...when I look past all of that, I can see the goodness in the past week.  There's always goodness, isn't there??

Last weekend was very full and tons of fun!  My "baby" turned 8!!  You can catch up on that HERE.  So thankful for the gift of Moira in our family!

In case you didn't know, I am a contributing writer for a new blog called Embrace Your Life.  This past week, I wrote two posts over there.  You can read about First World Problems and A Little Rain over there.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to write over there with some other wonderful ladies!

I am thankful for bizarro dreams that you wake up from believing they were so very real, but in the end you just wind up in fits of laughter throughout the week because they were so ridiculous!  I love sleeping {come on, who doesn't??}.  Yes, I enjoy the rest involved with sleeping, but I have dreams sometimes that could win an Oscar.  I either don't remember my dreams at all, or I do and they are so incredible - vivid, real, sometimes like an incredible award-winning drama, sometimes venturing into the world of what the heck...but I love dreaming!!

I am grateful for the blog After Nine To Five.  She is hosting a "Secret Week" this week on her blog.  We all have our secrets, don't we?  Maybe some should be kept that way, but then there's secrets which maybe it's time to reveal in the hopes that maybe something you say will resonate with someone and maybe even help them.  That's why I posted my story.  I wrote about the years of my life where I was bullied and what that did to shape who I {thought I} was.  If you haven't read my post, you can read it HERE.  As difficult as this was to write and share with the world, I have honestly been wanting to do this for a long time.  When I saw the opportunity arise on After Nine to Five, I decided now was the time.  I am also so blessed and grateful for the sweet comments I have received on that post.

As always, I am so blessed and thankful for a wonderfully supportive family.

I am beyond grateful for this blogging community.  I feel like I have formed some real friendships here and I love those women dearly!  I am also grateful for the new friends I'm finding!

Mostly, I am thankful to God for all of the situations of my life which He has placed me in and led me through.  I am who I am because of Him.

Is there any way in which I can pray for you?
(for privacy, you can use the email link on the right side bar)


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!

I'm so excited to read your posts!
Featured At The Fontenot Four

linking up with:
PhotobucketButton Photobucket
Elf House Chronicles a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut
Thankful Thursdays Button

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.