Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursdays Link Up - v 17

WELCOME TO
THANKFUL THURSDAYS
{a weekly link up}

Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Once again, our family faced a challenge.  Peyton wound up back in the ER on Monday night.  I wasn't sure she needed to go, but her nurse thought she should.  Then she started coughing up blood.  That convinced me.  This week has been another intense week.

All that said...

I am SO thankful for Peyton's health.  You might think WHAT??  Health??  Yes, health.  Because no matter what your situation, there's a good chance there's someone out there who is facing a bigger challenge.  Yesterday morning, outside Peyton's room, the medical team for a child down the hall was discussing options.  They were grasping at straws on what to test for, what to do, what to try.  I heard the attending say "Death isn't imminent."  Friends, these physicians, these great people with the capacity to physically heal our bodies using talents God has given them were struggling mightily as this family down the hall was facing a very hard reality for their child.  It was sad.  It was scary - a lot of the stuff they were discussing sounded like they were talking about Peyton.  So, after hearing all of that, yes, I am thankful for Peyton's health.  I am thankful that she came home late yesterday afternoon.

I am beyond thankful for all the prayers, love and support shown - once again - to our family during this time.  The prayer warriors are too numerous to mention - and I probably don't even know most of the people who have been praying!  From the bottom of my heart - thank you.

Sometimes people struggle with what they can do to help.  I'm really bad at asking for help, so when people jump in and just do...well, that really blesses me.  Thank you to my friend Jenn who brought me a much needed coffee!!  Thank you to my friend Melissa who was so kind to bring me a wonderful lunch yesterday!  I am blessed that you even thought to do these things for me and your actions are so appreciated.

We have been blessed by meals from people for a while now.  I can't tell you how much simpler life is when you have so much going on and someone blesses you in this way.  Thank you.

Thank you to a wonderful family.  For a husband who somehow manages to keep it all together on the homefront while I'm at the hospital with Peyton.

Thank you GOD for being a loving and merciful God who is such a mighty healer and source of strength.  I could never have made it through to this point without HIM.

And THANK YOU God for getting Peyton safely home from the hospital at 4:30 yesterday afternoon.  It was a hectic rush between leaving the hospital and coordinating the resumption of nursing care upon her return home, but we managed to get our nurse here and get to church for First Wednesday.  By 6:30 we were enjoying our missions dinner at church before the service.  At 6:45 I went to say hi to my choir people to wish them well because they were singing.  I had no expectation of singing since I'd missed all the rehearsals leading up to this because of Peyton's illnesses.  By 7:00 I was on stage with my choir family, singing at our First Wednesday service.  

God is so good!!!

Is there any way in which I can pray for you?
(for privacy, you can use the email link on the right side bar)


Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

Feel free to grab a button {use CTRL+C to copy!} for your post and/or your blog and be sure to link up below!!

I'm so excited to read your posts!
Featured At The Fontenot Four

linking up with:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Elf House Chronicles
Thankful Thursdays Button
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.