Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Power of Words


There is power in language.
Power in the words we speak.
The words we speak to ourselves.
To our family.
To our friends.
The words we write.
The written word is an incredible tool.
It can be used for so much good.
It can also be used in ways that are beyond what you'd expect.
Source: istockphoto.com via Sarah on Pinterest 








It was a tough day out there in blog land yesterday.
So sad for so many.
Mainly for those involved.
But for those of us on the outside witnessing.

Please know that this is not an attack.
I am not admonishing anyone.

Where this is coming from is actually from my daily bible reading.
You see, I did not get to it first thing in the morning as I should have.
The day wore on, and I hadn't done it.
I didn't get to it until after 6:00pm,
but the last thing I read was this:

Proverbs 11:9

New Living Translation (NLT)
 9 With their words, the godless destroy their friends, 
      but knowledge will rescue the righteous.

That verse really stood out for me.  Now, I usually just read my readings, and tweet the insight I gained for the day in 140 characters or less.  I did that.  But I also tweeted this particular verse from my YouVersion app on my kindle out into cyberspace.  I have to say, it was an appropriate word to end on for the day.

Source: baynvc.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest 


I am not casting judgment on anyone.
That isn't for me to do.
I am not choosing sides.
I am not involved.  It's not my place.
I believe in free speech.
Let's just choose our words well.

We all have the power to raise people up and to put people down in our words,
and I just hope and pray that we can all remember that in how we speak to one another.
Let's remember that {if we choose it}, we are representatives of Christ in this world.
How we are viewed by others can totally change one's perception of Him -
remember that that perception can go both ways.
I know I don't want to be responsible for turning someone away from Him.

linking up:
Photobucket
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, this post hit it spot on! I actually read a few chapters of Proverbs today as I felt it was appropriate after what I have experienced not only today but this past weekend with the events that took place. Thank you for this post!
    xo
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.