Friday, March 2, 2012

Just. Me.

Hi everyone!
Happy Friday!!!

I just wanted to say hi and welcome any new readers to this little blog of mine.
Even if you've been coming around here a while,
please know from the bottom of my heart
I appreciate you!

Photobucket


If you are new, let me just take a minute to share a little.
I am a wife.  A mother of two.
One daughter who will be 8 in 8 days! {yikes!!}
The other is 5.  She has multiple special needs.  She is medically fragile.
To say our family life has been full of challenges would be an understatement.

We've been through so much.  More than a lot of people our age.
But I don't pretend that we've been through more than everyone else.

This blog is a place where I try my absolute best to find the blessings and joys
in a life that might otherwise be very easily dragged down to the depths
because of all we have been through and continue to go through.

This blog is a place where I try my best to give thanks to God for everything.
He set us on this path for a purpose.
Challenges and all, it is right to give him thanks,
because it is through this journey that I have been able to come to Him
and truly know that He is for me and not against me.

Yes, there are days when I'll post something totally random -
like a top 10 list of my favorite '70s shows.
Oh yes, I do have a love for the Lord, and I want to share that with you here,
but I also want to show you that it's not all serious and "churchy" all the time!!
I'll share experiences about the Daniel Fast that I've done -
and while is sharing part of the spiritual side of me, 
I'm also trying to share some recipes which, face it, were just plain delicious!
I'll also share some book reviews from time to time.  It's been a while on that one!
If I've read something that has really helped me strive to be a more godly woman or wife,
then I want to share that with you.

What you won't find here is a facade.
You won't find the portrayal of something that seems perfect
when in reality things are falling apart.
You won't find a persona that is all for the blog world.
You won't find spiritual untruths.
You won't find criticism.
You won't find that the primary goal of this blog is cash flow for me.
{trust me...that's so not my purpose!}

What you will find is this:
Faith.
Truth.
A place where blessings and joys are shared.
A place where I share how the gospel has come to life for me.
A place where I might occasionally share a struggle and a cry out for prayer or support,
although I really strive to keep this place a positive place.
A place where struggles are shared because they are
examples of how I have found Christ in my life and how they have blessed me.
A place where you can feel safe sharing your stories in the comments section,
or by emailing me.
A place where you can find a friend.
A place where you know that if you ask, you can find prayer and support for yourself.
A place where I am completely transparent about life,
showing you the good times and some of the difficult -
because I want to share with you that there can be joys and blessings in it all.

I do have have sponsor spots for a pretty small fee if you are interested.
{and no, this isn't a call out for sponsors right now}
All that fee would do is to help me spread the word about this blog...
I'm not nearly about to retire on that "income"!!
I'm not that big of a blog, but I would love to reach more people
because I feel that there is something {I hope} worth sharing
in the pages of this blog.
I have a ton of swappers - check them out -
I want to be able to help them reach more people.
We can all help each other out!

So, friends,
the point here is that what you will find here is
Just.  Me.

I am so grateful that you stopped by,
whether it's for the first time or the hundredth time.
I appreciate you!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.