Friday, March 16, 2012

Eleven Things About Me

Alrighty...

I've been tagged a few times now - the lovely KelliAmanda, and Cassie have all tagged me and I am finally getting around to doing this!  I apologize for the delay.  It's actually nice to take a break from some of the heavy stuff I've been writing lately and just relax and have some fun with this!!

Here goes!

First, here is what the lovely Kelli is dying to know about me!

1) What is your favorite book ever?
Oh, wow.  That is a tough one.  That said, I honestly have to say that "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo has to be right up there.  It is a recent favorite.  It was a very quick read and it made me cry like nothing else.  Have you read it??
  

2) Do you greet the day, or wish for a few more hours sleep?
I greet it...and then close my eyes and wish I could sleep for several more hours!  So far, I haven't had any luck with that one!

3) What color would you really want to paint your living room? Or, if you love your living room color, what color is it?
We live in an apartment which is the standard builders' grade off-white.  Hate it.  If I could change it, I think I would love something along the lines of this color palette:

Source: design-seeds.com via Sarah on Pinterest 

4) What is your favorite kind of shampoo/conditioner?
I generally use Garnier Fructis.  I can't afford to splurge too much in this area, although I wish I could!

5) What is your favorite etsy shop, and what does she (or he!) sell?
Oh goodness!  So not fair to make me chose!!
Naptime Diaries - scripture verse prints
Worship Artist - prints of her amazing artwork
Mama's Nest Designs - awesome jewelry
I really need to stop there because there are WAY WAY more that I'd love to list and it's just no fun excluding them!! :)

6) Have you met any of your blogger friends in real life that you didn't previously know?
Yes.  I have met Jessi from Naptime Diaries.  I found her blog through her mom, who is our women's ministry leader at church.  I eventually met Jessi in person.

7) What is one social issue that gets you revved up?
SPECIAL NEEDS!!

8) What is your absolute favorite meal ever?
I really have to think on this.  I honestly don't know.  I guess I would have to say my favorite meal would be Thanksgiving {or Christmas} dinner made by me: turkey, homemade stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, mashed potatoes, etc.  Hmm.  Ok, now I'm really hungry!

9) What is your least favorite chore?
Cleaning the bathroom.  Ugh!!!

10) What is your favorite season, and why?
I guess I would have to say I love Spring.  I love the smell of the flowers and grass.  I love the beauty of all the fresh new colors after a dull winter season.


11) Do you prefer to be indoors or out?
I am a homebody.  I stay indoors WAY more than I should.  I need to get out more.  I have a vitamin D deficiency to prove it!  I love the thought of the outdoors - basking in the sun, taking long walks, beach time, nature walks, and so on.  Sadly, my energy level is basically nil right now, so a several hour long nap sounds more appealing just now!!

*****
Second, the lovely Amanda wanted to know this about me:

1) Where is your dream vacation?

I really, really, really, really, really {infinity} want to go back to Scotland.  My mother was from Scotland. I traveled there with her several years ago {mid-90s}.  We visited some of the family who is still there.  Some have since passed, my mother included.  Ever since she passed away in July 2010, I have really been wanting to revisit.  I'd love to spend a lot more time there and really explore next time.



Source: beezmap.com via Sarah on Pinterest
2) If you could have lunch with anyone from any time in history, who would it be and why.
Man, that's a really tough one.  My first inclination would be Jesus Christ.  I mean, who wouldn't want to break bread with the man who redeemed us all??

3) If you were going to spend one year in outer space, and you could take one thing from home with you, what would it be?
Honestly - my Bible.

4) Do you like roller coasters?
Yep!!  Although I'm more timid than I used to be.

5) Do you make a Christmas wish list {for yourself} each year?
Not really.  I usually wind up throwing something together because there are people who have to know.  But, honestly, for the past several years, money's been really tight and there hasn't been much for Ron and I to spend on each other for any occasion.  I'm not lacking for anything anyway.

6) The one song that always gets stuck in your head is...


7) What color is your toothbrush?
In one bathroom it's white with green.  In the other, it's green.

8) What is your favorite movie?
Um...what movies has Ralph Fiennes been in???




Source: imdb.com via Sarah on Pinterest

9) What is the one beauty tip you know you should do, but don't?
I always wash my face at night, but do not always put moisturizer on.

10) Would you rather forget your mom's birthday or Mother's Day?
My mom passed away in July 2010, but guaranteed, I will never forget her birthday, so I guess Mother's Day.  I'll remember her either day anyway.  :)

11) What kind of car do you drive?
A black 2007 Ford Edge.
Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest

*****
And third, the lovely Cassie asked these questions of me:

1) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? 
I will go back to my earlier response:  I really, really, really, really, really {infinity} want to go back to Scotland.  My mother was from Scotland. I traveled there with her several years ago {mid-90s}.  We visited some of the family who is still there.  Some have since passed, my mother included.  Ever since she passed away in July 2010, I have really been wanting to revisit.  I'd love to spend a lot more time there and really explore next time.


Source: beezmap.com via Sarah on Pinterest

2) What is your favorite thing to do?
I love to read, but I don't always make the time to do it.  I love to travel, but that's become difficult to do as a family and almost impossible just Ron and I.  Lately, it's just simple things, like catching up on some shows or maybe watching a movie on Netflix.

3) Do you wish upon a star?
No.  Maybe I should?!

4) If you found yourself stranded on a desert island, do you think you could survive?
I sure hope so!!  I would do my very best, or die trying!

5) What's your favorite fruit?
Strawberries!

6) What is your favorite accessory?
Honestly, I don't have tons of "accessories", but I have a couple awesome necklaces from Cassie's shop {the "Dream" and "Believe" ones if you go there}.  I also have some awesome earrings from Mama's Nest Designs and Along For The Ride.  Then there are the hair ties from Poofy Cheeks.
7) Chips & salsa or chips & queso?
Chils and salsa!  Although I do like queso!

8) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
I have a special needs child who is also medically fragile.  She is a) non-communicative, and b) infantile in terms of development, even though she's almost 6.  I would love to have a super power that would enable me to know what's going on inside that head of hers.  Whether it's just to know what she's thinking or to be able to understand what's bothering her when she's fussing and I have no clue what to do.

9) I tell you we're leaving for a road trip in 5 minutes.  What do you throw into your suitcase in such a short amount of time?
I'm sure I'll forget the most important things.   I'm sure I'll forget my glasses and contact lens case and solution.  I'll be grabbing my Kindle Fire, the latest book I'm reading and a spare, just in case.  I will grab whatever clothes I can from the laundry pile that's ever-present on my couch.  I'll grab my purse and cell phone.  Then I'll hope and pray I haven't forgotten anything really important!!

10) Would you prefer to gaze at the stars, climb a mountain, or go surfing?
Climb a mountain.  I have star-gazed.  I have wind-surfed {poorly}.  But climbing a mountain has always intrigued me.  In fact, I very recently said to my husband, "I wonder how far in a trek up Mt. Everest an average person could get without being an experienced climber."  Cause, to me, it would be cool to even go from the base of the mountain up 50 feet if I knew that was feasible.  I know I could never do the whole thing - or even about 99.999% percent of it.  But it would be cool to say I'd been there!




Source: gearjunkie.com via Sarah on Pinterest


11) Do you embrace life?
I'm trying!!  :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.