Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Blog Positivity Week - Friendships!


Welcome back for Day 3 of Blog Positivity Week!!
I hope you're all visiting Ashley's blog and are reading her posts and reading some of the posts that other bloggers {like me} have been linking up over there.  It's been a crazy busy time here for me {when is it not lately??}, so I haven't had a chance to sit down and read all of those posts, but I'll get there!!  The ones I have read are wonderful.  I think our community is so blessed to have so many wonderfully inspiring writers in it.  Ashley, I think you're awesome for doing this series!

The blog world is a curious place.

It's a place where we find all these great blogs.  We can get caught up for hours each day checking into the lives of these people we find ourselves connecting with through their writings.  I know some people wonder why people get so invested in their blog time.  I mean, it's one thing to write and have it out there - which some people are probably curious about in and of itself.  After all, why would you want your life poured out there for all the world to see, right??  But to find people and start calling them friends??  Really??

Have you experienced that in your real lives??

I should really say your "in person" lives, because, as you'll come to find out, the blog world and the people in it are very real indeed!  Connections happen.  Relationships form.  Friendships grow in the unlikeliest of places.  Friends, the blog world is very real - which is why it's so important to strive to keep it a positive place!  After all, when it becomes negative, the people on the giving and receiving end of it are real and people are truly hurting and being hurt.  Let's turn that around and just be positive - because the givers and receivers are also very real and have a tremendous opportunity to bless and be blessed!

All that said, I want to share some of my friends with you.
I want to say that this is not a comprehensive list by any means!

When I began blogging, I was inspired by people.  

I found Jessi's blog through her mom's.  I was so inspired by her writing.  We shared a couple similar experiences and I could relate to her.  It was after I found her that I really began to find my way in this bloggy world.  No, I'm not as "big" a blogger as her, but since it's really not about me at all, that doesn't matter much.  If it's meant to happen, it will.
Photobucket 

In the early days, I met some truly wonderful ladies.

Snow in December
Jamie from Snow In December. 
null
Sarah from Racing Towards Joy.
More Bang for Your Bucks
Kelli from Eat Pray Read Love.
Royal Daughter Designs 
Amanda from Royal Daughter Designs.

These ladies, and some others, were the very first bloggy friends that I made.  They've been with me since pretty much the beginning.  These are the types of ladies you want in your corner.  They are the type of people that you can email just to shoot the breeze, or to ask for guidance on some issue you've got going on.  They are the type of people you can ask for prayer and you know you will get it.  They are the type of people you want to pray for when they have a need.  They are the type of people who, if the opportunity ever arose, you would be all over the chance to meet them in real life.  Seriously.  They are the type of people who you will bless your life without you feeling like you deserved it.  They are wonderful ladies and I am so beyond grateful to know them.  I also have to point out that it was Amanda who designed this very blog!!

Then there are some ladies that came along in my life just a little later.  Friends, these ladies are for real.  I so want to get to know them better.  And meet them in person one day if the opportunity ever came up.

Hannah from Happy Days.
 
Skye from Neathering Our Fest.
 
Tricia from Mama Marchand's Nest.
 
Nat from Nat's Napsack.
Photobucket 
Cassie from Live.Laugh.Love.
A Little Piece of Me 
Salena from A Little Piece of Me.
Photobucket
Andi from The Hollie Rogue.

Friends, I could list so many more wonderful ladies, but I wanted to highlight just a few of the ladies who I really admire and love in this great big bloggy world.  I encourage you to get to know them too.  You won't be sorry!  All of these ladies are incredible.  If you want more ideas, just check out my side bar, or head over to my "Daily Reads" tab!

This is what happens in a positive blog atmosphere!
Friends are made!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.