Friday, February 24, 2012

So You've Had a Bad Day...

The past week of my life has been fraught with challenges.

You've seen my posts about Peyton's hospitalization.
Through that time, I truly felt the Lord's presence.
He was with me - and I am fully aware.
I saw the many blessings in that situation and am so incredibly grateful.
I felt like we went to the brink and were safely returned.

But then we came home...

I don't feel the Lord prompting me to share the specifics of our week on this platform.
Yet I do feel let to share what I'm about to share.

Since Peyton has been home,
every. single. day.
has involved some sort of obstacle or challenge.
Individually, maybe they'd seem small in the grand scheme of things
{and truly in the grand scheme of things, aren't all our problems so to Him 
since He has the power to help us overcome them all??}
but there was one specific event which, to me,
was cataclysmic.
Malicious.
Spiteful.
Hurtful.
Vengeful.
Heartbreaking.
In a nutshell - it made all other issues seem much larger than they were.
Insurmountable even.
This one event overshadows them all this week.
I've never experienced something like this and I hope never to again.

While the pain is great 
{I say is because I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't still hurt to think about}
I have been fighting all week to stay ahead of this hurt.
To fight and somehow remain Christ-like about the situation.

Even in the initial stages of what was happening, I felt it was important to pray.
Yes, for us in that situation.
But mostly for the person involved in this.

Remember earlier this week when I posted this song:

Little did I know that this song would be something I would cling to all week.
My comforter.
My all in all.
Here in the words of Christ I stand.
...
On Christ the solid rock I stand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

I have had several verses of scripture come to me over the week.
From people.  Through daily scripture.  Through a daily verse email.
So many of these verses spoke about harm and evil and how God intends good in our lives.
One of my Sisterhood leaders gave me this scripture:

Genesis 50:20

New Living Translation (NLT)
20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.

I also came across this scripture the other day:

Proverbs 10:11-12

New Living Translation (NLT)
 11 The words of the godly are a life-giving fountain; the words of the wicked conceal violent intentions.  12 Hatred stirs up quarrels, but love makes up for all offenses.

I just claim these verses through our situation.  I believe that, for whatever reason, the Enemy has his hands all over our situation and is attacking me where I am already weak or vulnerable.  My faith has been growing and I saw the hand of God at work in Peyton's hospitalization.  I saw what I'd consider a minor miracle.  I don't believe that the Enemy likes that very much.  As I said, every single day there has been some challenge, small or otherwise.  Could it be that the Enemy is not at all pleased with my faith and with the miracle and blessings I saw?

What I have learned so well this week is this:

It is so important do equip yourself and to put on the armor of God each and every day.



Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest

We must be prepared at all times for the attacks of the enemy.
We must be strong and unwavering in our faith so that when these attacks come
{and they will}
that we are prepared to fight against them with all our might.

Ephesians 6:11-17

New Living Translation (NLT)
11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we[a] are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
 13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[b] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[c] 17Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

The next time you're having a bad day, think about whether what you're feeling is really an attack from the Enemy, designed to hit you in your week spots during a vulnerable time.  I firmly believe that is what has been happening with me this week.

Now do this.

Pray.  Fiercely.



Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Pray.  Constantly.

Go into your battle with the enemy,
not like this.



Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest

But like this.
Every.  Day.

linking up:
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.