Monday, February 6, 2012

It's The Little Things {v 1}


I decided last week to rescue my bread machine from seclusion.
I hadn't used that thing in probably three years!
The only reason I know I have used it at some point since we moved to Charleston in August 2008 is because I had a few packages of yeast which were still a year away from their expiration date.
So, out it came, but the manual with all the recipes was nowhere to be found.

I wound up searching the interwebs for a basic white bread recipe and I found one called
Throw Away The Bread Machine Instructions!....White Bread
The reviews of this recipe looked pretty good, so I thought I'd give it a go.
I did and it was outstanding.
A couple days later, I made it again and it all but disappeared before my eyes.
Today is the third go around with this recipe in less than a week.
Seriously, folks, it is delicious!

Just so you know, it is not my recipe.  The recipe belongs to Kittencalskitchen.
{as posted on www.food.com - click on the recipe title above for the original version}
I am not claiming this recipe as my own.  I am merely claiming to have made her recipe and am showing you how it went using pictures that I took in the process of recreating this recipe.
If you go to the original recipe, you'll see all the nutrition information for this bread too!

1 cup of warm water {110 deg F}
add to the bread machine pan first


add 2 tbsp sugar and 1 pkg of yeast
 at this point, the original directions to tell you to let it "foam" for 10 minutes,
but I had no clue what that meant.
here is what that will look like.
{closer to the 10 minute mark, it does look a teensy bit "frothy",
but we're not talking a major foamy explosion here}
 once the ten minutes has elapsed, add 2 tbsp melted butter, 2 tbsp oil, 3 cups flour, 1 tsp salt
{I remember my missing instruction manual stated that the ingredients for any recipe had to be put in in the order they were written, so I did that}
 use the automatic setting for basic or white bread and press start
{my machine automatically sets for 3 hours 50 minutes on a basic setting with regular crust}
 When the time's up, here is what you'll have!
I promise you it is so delicious!!





This is one of those little things in life that makes me happy right now.
How 'bout you??

I am considering starting a Monday linky party called
It's The Little Things - Monday
where you can link up your posts {like this one} where you share with us something that you or a family member did, or something that you saw, or made, or thought that just made you happy.  

Sometimes it's just the little things in life that make you smile.

What do you think?  Linky yes or no??

\Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.