Wednesday, February 22, 2012

In Christ Alone


Yesterday, I had an extremely frustrating morning.
I was just feeling so broken, exhausted, frustrated, sad, and overwhelmed
because of the nursing issues we are facing this week.
By mid-day, the issues were finally resolved,
but in the meantime, I was done.  I'd had enough.

It's so hard to refocus your thoughts when you're feeling like this, isn't it??
It's so hard to calm yourself and just pray as God asks us to.
It's hard to step out of the situation and give it over even though you know you need to.

I wanted to.

But I was just so frustrated.

I finally grabbed my kindle fire and found my Pandora music app.
I turned on my Christian music playlist
and this was the first song.

Take a listen.

In Christ Alone / The Solid Rock - Travis Cottrell


In Christ aloneMy hope is foundHe is my life, my strength, my songThis cornerstone, this solid rockFirm through the fierces, drought and stormWhat heights of Love, what depths of Peace,When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!my comforter, my all in allHere in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone who took on fleshFullness of God in helpless babeThis gift of love and righteousness,scorned by the ones He came to save,Till on that cross as Jesus diedThe wrath of God was satisfied;For every sin on him was laidHere in the depth of Christ I live

There in the ground , His body lay,Light of the world by darkness slainThen bursting forth in glorious dayUp from the grave he rose again!

And as he stands in victory,Sin's curse has lost its grip on meFor I am His and He is mineBought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in deathThis the pow'r of Christ in me,From life's first cry, to final braeth.Jesus commands my destinyNo pow'r of hell, no scheme of manCan ever pluck me from his handTill he returns or call me homeHere in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand .....

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/in-christ-alone-lyrics-travis-cottrell.html ]
Read more: TRAVIS COTTRELL - IN CHRIST ALONE LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/in-christ-alone-lyrics-travis-cottrell.html#ixzz1n4FpMbBN 
Copied from MetroLyrics.com 


To say I needed to hear this song is an understatement.
I just wanted to share this with you today in case it might lift someone else up today.
{and because I have no energy for a regular post today!}
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.