Sunday, January 1, 2012

Simply Scripture on a Sunday - v.3 - A Word For 2012




HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope you all had a wonderful, happy, safe New Year's eve!
Welcome to 2012!

I tried to pray for a word for 2012.
A word to pray about and reflect on all year long.
One that would help me to grow in my faith for the coming year.
The other night, that word came to me.




Source: flickr.com via Alyssa on Pinterest

If you know me, or know my family's story,
you might be thinking - isn't that kind of what she does all the time?
If you don't know my story, here it is in a nutshell:
In our 11 year marriage, my husband and I have:
*had a stillborn son at 6 months
*suffered through a miscarriage at 8 weeks
*come exceedingly close to me losing my life three times - three completely separate times
*had a daughter in 2006 who, unbeknownst to us before birth, arrived with a multitude of special needs and who became medically fragile

That's the "nutshell" version.  You can search "Jeffrey" or "Peyton" on this blog to learn more.

To say we've had to endure much over the past 11 years is an understatement.
To say that we've endured more than most couples our age or married for a similar length of time would probably be true.
To say that we've had difficult times - you'd better believe it.
To say I've lost faith along the way - yep.  You bet.
To say I found my faith and have grown into a completely different person would be so incredibly true, as it is one of the greatest blessings during this time.

The thought came to me that we've endured much.
But in my mind there is a difference between enduring, as in "getting through and moving forward"
and enduring, as in "getting through by faithful perseverance and living in a manner that is pleasing to God".

As I was finishing up my chronological bible study for 2011 yesterday,
it struck me that many of the last scriptures were on this very topic.
Endurance.
Faithful perseverance.
Steadfastness in spirit.
Unwillingness to allow destructive forces to harden your heart towards God.

So, as we move forward in a new year,
I want to do so with faith and strength.
I want to do so with the knowledge that I can make it - 
through my faith and with God's strength.

I want to learn these scriptures this year so that I can remain faithful to God through the trials that will come - you know there will be trials - no one can escape life without them!

Blessings to you and your families in the year ahead!




Source: flickr.com via Sarah on Pinterest





Source: joyshope.com via Sarah on Pinterest




Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest

linking up:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.