Friday, January 13, 2012

Daniel Fast Recipe - Minestrone

I found another simple Daniel Fast recipe via the Martha Fry blog.  She really does have a lot of great recipe resources available on her site.  This is what I made yesterday.

MINESTRONE

Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large soup pot.
Sautee together: 
1 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup chopped zucchini, 1/2 cup frozen green beans, 1/4 cup minced celery {I used 1 stalk}, 4 tsp minced garlic {I used a garlic press and mashed up 3 cloves of fresh garlic}
Cook for about 5 minutes.


Add:
4 cups vegetable broth, 1 can {14 oz} diced tomatoes


Add:
2-15 oz cans of red kidney beans {drained}, 2-15 oz cans of white kidney {cannellini} beans {drained}


Add:
1/2 cup chopped carrots, 3 cups hot water 


Add:
2 tbsp parsley, 1 1/2 tsp oregano, 3 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp thyme


 Stir together and let this simmer for 20 minutes.


 Add:
4 cups fresh baby spinach


Stir together.


Simmer for another 20 minutes.


Serve and Enjoy!!
This really is delicious!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.