Friday, January 20, 2012

Chosen

Last night I had an amazing opportunity to attend the Chosen women's conference at our church.  Probably as you are reading this, I am sitting back at church for the second part of the conference today!

First of all, I have to say thank you to all the many many women {and men too!} who were part of putting together this amazing event.  From the welcoming faces to the decor to the boutique area to the lovely little lounge areas...it was such an amazing atmosphere to enter into prior to going into the conference itself!

"The spirit of the Lord God is on me, because the Lord has chosen me to bring good news ot poor people.  He has sent me to heal those with a sad heart.  He has sent me to tell those who are being held and those in prison that they can go free."  (Isaiah 61:1 NLV)












Last night was "Rally One".
It began with a time of worship music to bring the 1,000 or so women together into the moment, into the spirit of Christ.  Our pastor then got up and spoke to the ladies on this verse:

"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.  Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.  God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ.  This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure."  (Ephesians 1:3-5 NLT)

In a nutshell, consider the fact that God Himself has chosen us.  He has adopted us to Himself so that we can be a reflection of His glory.  He takes pleasure in us - His creation.  He takes pleasure in us, so we should live in a way that glorifies Him and honors this.

The main speaker of the evening was Lisa Bevere.  She gave such a powerful message that I did not want to leave!  Then again, I'd have been alone, 'cause she and everyone else would've left!  But you get what I mean?  I just didn't want it to end!  She gave a message about how it is time for women to rise up and to be empowered.  She described the "virtuous and capable" woman of Proverbs 31 as being "a force for good who is capable of whatever is necessary for mankind."  She spoke of how the Bible commands that women disciple younger women.  God wants to build up women so that they can do what they were created to do: multiply.  And not just in the breeding sense.  But to multiply disciples and followers from among them.  To raise up women and empower them.

I think a lot of women {myself included} think we're not the one He's calling to empower.  We're not strong enough.  We're not smart enough.  We're not a public speaker.  We're not capable.
Am I right??
We always think we are weaker than we really are.
"The enemy of our souls has more of an awareness of who we are than we do."
That is what Bevere said.  Think about that.
Isn't it true?
The enemy would stop at nothing to prevent us from building up the Kingdom - so why not attack us where we are right now by making us feel like a less capable person for the job!
She went on to say "God loves to make you face your fears.  When you face your fears, it makes you fearless!"
Isn't that amazing??  We must put our trust and faith in God and not in the world.  Bevere went on to say "You were bought at a price.  Your life is not your own.  You need to obey God."

"God is the one that chose dignity and strength as your clothes." (Lisa Bevere)

I know I am going to be reflecting a lot on what it means to be chosen.

There are so many things in my life which have been weighing me down - unnecessarily.  They don't do anything to glorify Him and they only seek to tear me down and give some form of victory to the enemy.  It's time to stop.  It's time to recognize who I am and become the empowered woman of Christ that He wants me to be!




Source: flickr.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.