Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A New {To Me} Daniel Fast Recipe!

As many of you know, I am involved in a 21 day fast along with my church.  In this time of fasting, I am choosing to follow the "Daniel Fast", which is pretty specific about what you can and cannot consume during this time.  This can make meal planning a bit challenging, so from time to time I will share some recipes that we are using.  Don't just think of it in terms of a "Daniel Fast".  These recipes are very healthful and would be excellent at any time, regardless of your faith!

VEGGIE STIR FRY

You may have seen me post some veggie stir fries already, but here's another one!  It's delicious!  I modified it just a little bit from the recipe used in a blog I subscribe to - Martha Fry provides a ton of resources for use during the Daniel Fast!  You can find her recipe here {under Day 4 Dinner}, but this is my modification of it:

In a pot, heat up a splash of olive oil and 1/2 cup of soy sauce {I used low sodium soy sauce}.


 Saute strips of bell peppers {I used a bag of Trader Joe's Harvest Hodgepodge - frozen}and about half a large onion.


Add in about 2 bunches of broccoli florets {I used fresh, but you could use frozen just as easily}.


Using my rice cooker {which I love!}, I then start cooking up some brown rice.  If you do this step first, it should be ready by the time the veggies are!


Doesn't this look yummy?!?!  Let this simmer for a bit.


Towards the end of the cooking time, throw in a couple zucchini, chopped up.


Add a can of baby corn {seriously, these were the biggest baby corns I have ever seen!} and a can of water chestnuts.


When the rice is finished, throw it in with the veggies and stir together.


And it's done!
Easy and delicious!!


linking up:


veggiemight250x300




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.