Saturday, December 31, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge Recap - Week 52

wis·dom
[wiz-duhm]
*the quality or state of being wise knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.
*scholarly knowledge or learning.
*wise sayings or teachings; precepts.
(source: www.dictionary.com)

On January 1, 2011, I began a year long bible study.
Our pastor calls it the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" or the "Twitter Bible Study".
The purpose is to engage in a reading plan for a year, and each day, post insight from your reading in 140 characters or less.
I have been faithful in doing this every single day for 2011.
I honestly and truthfully never skipped one day of reading.
I honestly and truthfully never missed one day of tweeting or posting on our pastor's blog or facebook page the insight I gained from the day's readings.
I have completed the Chronological study.
I am now 100% complete!
I achieved a huge personal goal in reading the entire Bible.  I have never done so before now.

I have posted weekly re-caps all year long.
Perhaps they weren't the most exciting blog posts for many of you.
Perhaps they were posts that you looked forward to seeing.
I'm not sure.
I know from time to time I would receive positive feedback on how something hit home for someone.
If my insights helped you in any over the past year, I am humbled that it did so.
It is a blessing to somehow reach someone and bless them in some way.
Thank you for allowing me into your lives with this insight each week.

Here is what I learned this past week:

2 Tim 1 Have confidence! "For God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self control."  (2 Timothy 1 - 4)

‎2 Peter 1 We already have all we need within us to do God's will. We should to all we can to ensure we do everything for the glory of God.  (2 Peter 1 - 3, Jude 1)

1 John 3 Don't just SAY you love others. ACT out that love for others - for everyone.  (1 John 1 - 5)

3 John 11"Follow only what is good..those who do good prove that they 4 God's children & those who do evil prove that they do not know God."  (2 John 1, 3 John 1)

The Lord God knows that we will be tested and will suffer. Our endurance and faithfulness will show how well we listen to the Spirit. Rev 2  (Revelation 1 - 5)

Rev 7:12 "Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength belong to our God forever and ever! Amen!"  (Revelation 6 - 11)

Rev 13-14 There is evil in this world and greater evil to come. We must give God glory & endure in patience, faith, and worship of Him.  (Revelation 12 - 18)

Rev 22 A day will come when there will be no more pain, crying, sorrow. All in God's kingdom will be healed. Won't that be a blessed day!!  (Revelation 19 - 22)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.