Friday, November 25, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving Round-up


It's all over for another year.
Thanksgiving.
The bountiful meal has been prepared.
The table set.
Food laid out before us and eaten.
We shared our meal with family and friends.
We shared great conversation.
Slowed down for just a little while.
Enjoyed each other.
Gave thanks.

We are so blessed to have been able to share another Thanksgiving meal together with each other as a family.  Peyton's nurse was working, so she joined us for dinner.  In fact, her mom was down from North Carolina visiting her, so we invited her to come over as well.  And she did.

It was so nice to share a meal together and get to know someone new.
After a stressful week and the busyness of the day,
it was so nice just to sit down and relax and just breathe....
and eat!


Prepping for apple pie making

Love me some apple pie!!

Do I really need to put a caption here??

Homemade stuffing.  Mmmmm....goodness!!!

Giblets.  So vile.  But the gravy will wind up being SO delicious!

My Dad and Peyton out on the balcony enjoying the beautiful afternoon

Setting the table during my "down time"

Putting Dad to work peeling potatoes

Yummy cheesy broccoli bake

Turkey is done.  Ron got put to work un-stuffing the turkey, then carving it.

Probably the most delicious mashed potatoes I've ever made!!

Dinner is served!


Peyton's nurse, her mom, my Dad (l), Ron (r)

Peyton's nurse, my Dad (l), Moira, Ron (r)



18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for it is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.