Saturday, November 5, 2011

77

 a man
My Granda - George Currie
 married a woman
My Granny - Sarah {Robertson} Currie
 and built a family
My mother's family:
Auntie Belle, Uncle Jim, Auntie Jean {back row}
Auntie Sally, Anne {my mom}, Granda, Auntie Betty, Granny {across front}
without them, there would be no us
Ron & Moira
Me & Peyton
George Currie married Sarah Robertson
at
St. Patrick's Church ~ Greenock, Scotland
November 5, 1934


They would have been married 77 years this day.


Granda passed away October 5, 1990
Granny passed away January 24, 1992


Together they had six children {all pictured above}.
Those children gave them eighteen grandchildren.
There was one additional grandchild lost in infancy.
Those grandchildren have gone one to produce twenty-six 
great-grandchildren.
There was one additional great-grandchild stillborn and one miscarried.  Those were two of my children.
I do not know if there were other losses in the family.


This amazing, strong, loving, committed couple
gave their children values that are being passed down through the generations.  Values that I know I hold near and dear to my heart.  I have so many wonderful memories of my Granny and Granda.


I just wanted to take the time to honor them on what would have been their 77th wedding anniversary today.


I love them and miss them dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.