Wednesday, November 9, 2011

1,000 Gifts

Sisterhood Mornings is coming to an end this week.  I am very sad about that!
I've met so many wonderful ladies.
We've shared so much.
We've had great fellowship.
We've gone to lunch afterwards.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my Thursday mornings out!
I have come to really cherish this "me" time.
This break from my everyday reality.

Until Sisterhood regroups in the new year, 
they are planning to have an online book study.
I am so excited because
I have been telling Ron I want this book for ages now!
We'll be diving into this book:




Have any of you read it?
Your thoughts?

What strikes me about this book
is that it seems a great fit for me
in that I am constantly striving to see the blessings in my life
amidst the chaos and struggles of everyday life.

A little bit was mentioned about this book at Sisterhood last week.
I was excited to get going on this,
so I began journaling {on paper!!}
a numbered list of all the things I am blessed by and thankful for.
My goal is to hit 1,000 things.
I've got a long way to go, but this exercise is already
showing me that I need to keep my eyes open and pay attention
because some of those blessings are things
are things that might otherwise go unnoticed.
I am excited about this journey.


Now to actually get the book!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.