Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday - Week 14!

weigh-in wednesday
diagnosis: high cholesterol
clinical goal: intake of less than 200mg cholesterol per day to reduce bad cholesterol by 10/20/11
personal goal: drop 20 lbs by 10/20/11


Back on July 20, 2011, I posted a personal plea to all my blog-world friends for healthy recipes, tips, websites, etc. after I had been diagnosed with fairly high cholesterol.  I'm always willing to take suggestions, so please link up in the comments here!!

Yes, this is week 14.  Week 13 was last week, but I didn't post about it.  I was in the hospital with Peyton and had no access to a scale to know where I was even at last Wednesday.  So I skipped a week.

results (as of 10/26/11):
actual weight lost/gained since 10/12/11 (2 weeks): LOST 1.0 LBS 
* * *
actual weight lost/gained since 7/20/11: a total of 17.55 lbs LOST!!
* * *
accountability on cholesterol intake: I am still very  successfully keeping my intake under 200mg per day; for the most part, I am keeping it under 100mg each day!
* * * * *

check out my livestrong widget over there =====>
(scroll down)


I have been so out of the "diet" loop these past couple of weeks.  Going back to 10/12/11, I had gained a little bit of weight, so I'm really lucky that I was able to lose a little bit of that after Peyton got home from the hospital.  But I have to be honest, I haven't been accountable much at all for the past couple of weeks.  It's hard when you're at the hospital and you're eating cafeteria food!  There were some free family meals brought in by different volunteers at the Children's Hospital, and I did partake.  But it was barbecue, home cooked goodness, and even Wendy's one day!  Yes, it was lucky I lost weight at all!  But now that we've been home almost a week, I'm still not being really accountable.  I'm weighing myself sporadically, where it used to be every morning.  I'm not tracking all my food on the MyPlate site.  I know my cholesterol intake {at least this week} has been good based on past tracking.  But I can do better.  


10/20/11 was my goal to lose 20 lbs.  I did not do that.  I won't say I failed because I still lost pretty close to that goal and I'm still trying!  And I had an unexpected hospital stay with my daughter in that last week.  Now, I'm feeling like I'm starting to get sick.  So, I'm just not all that excited about tracking right now.  I haven't even gone for my follow up blood work yet!  I suppose I will do that in the next few days.


Time to get back on track and lose the rest of that weight so I can reach my goal!!

Philippians 4:13 (NASB)

13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.