Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday - Week 12!

weigh-in wednesday
diagnosis: high cholesterol
clinical goal: intake of less than 200mg cholesterol per day to reduce bad cholesterol by 10/20/11
personal goal: drop 20 lbs by 10/20/11


Back on July 20, 2011, I posted a personal plea to all my blog-world friends for healthy recipes, tips, websites, etc. after I had been diagnosed with fairly high cholesterol.  I'm still willing to take suggestions, so please link up in the comments here!!

I am still using MyPlate to help me track everything that's going into my mouth.  I haven't been quite as diligent about tracking everything...but I'm trying to keep up with it!  

results (as of 10/12/11):
actual weight lost/gained this week: GAINED 1.6 LBS 
* * *
actual weight lost/gained since 7/20/11: a total of 16.55 lbs LOST!!
* * *
accountability on cholesterol intake: I am still very  successfully keeping my intake under 200mg per day; for the most part, I am keeping it under 100mg each day!
* * * * *

check out my livestrong widget over there =====>
(scroll down)


Sigh.


Friends, this was a rough week for me.  I don't know what happened.  I gained over 2 lbs right off the bat after my last weekly weigh in.  Over 2 lbs!!  So, I had a really hard time to get that off.  As of yesterday, I was still a little less than a pound to go to reach where I weighed in at a week ago.  Ron headed out on another business trip after work yesterday, so he came home and lunch with a nice take-out lunch for us to enjoy before he left.  Excellent meal.  Bad for trying to lose weight!

8 days to go to reach my 20 lb weight loss goal.  I'm a bit discouraged, but I know I can do it.  I'm frustrated with myself because, if I'd disciplined myself a little more, maybe I'd be beyond that goal by now.  It's all good, though.  I know I'm doing a really good thing for my health just by losing weight in the first place.  10/20/11 is not the end of this journey for me.  I'll just re-establish some new goals and press on!

Philippians 4:13 (NASB)

13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.