Sunday, October 16, 2011

Race For The Cure

Today in Charleston, SC was the Komen Lowcountry Race For The Cure
held on lovely Daniel Island
{which also happens to be where our apartment is!}

My husband, Ron, ran his second-ever official 5K.
He did it with a bad knee.
After not being able to run a full 5K for over a month.

My sweet husband Ron
He did it for my mom.
My mom passed away from breast cancer
on July 25, 2010.

Me, my mom and my sister Jeannette
Christmas 2009
Ron threw on his gear 
and ran this race.


I prayed for him this morning that God would give him strength.
And endurance.
To run the race bad knee and all.

Ron approaching the finish line
He did it!!
Not sure of the official time, but it was around 34.5 minutes or thereabouts.

So proud of this man!
I love the spirit our little island community gets into for the race.
These banners line the downtown area of the island.

I don't know who Catherine was, but one day I hope to get a sign that says "In Memory of Anne Hansen" for my mom.
 Even the little church on the corner gets into the spirit!


I am so very proud of you, Ron.
Thank you for honoring my mom the way you did.
I love you for that and for so much more!
Mom would be very proud of you too.

Me and Ron
Moira and Peyton

Hebrews 12:1 (NLT)

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.


linking up:




Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.