Sunday, October 30, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge Recap - Week 43

This weekend, I am participating in a huge blog link up:


Photobucket


This is meant as an opportunity to meet fellow bloggers and to help grow my own blog following.  Let me tell you, it's been wonderful so far.  I've been enjoying getting to know lots of new women through this link up!

If you are new to my blog, here's a bit about me!  I am a 38 year old wife to an amazing man.  I am the proud mommy of two little girls - Moira {7} and Peyton {5}.  Peyton has multiple special needs and is medically fragile.  I have learned so much from her, it's unbelievable!  She has caused me to become a woman who seeks to be a truly devoted follower of Christ.  She has caused me to become a believer.  I write a lot about my faith and about my journey of being a Christ-seeking woman.  I write a lot about what I see as the blessings in my life.  Peyton's life has had so many ups and downs - a LOT of downs.  I had to force myself to see the positive or be totally dragged down and swallowed up by the pain and sadness that has been a part of her life.  This blog is a place where I celebrate the blessings that have happened along the way.  I have seen that there really areso many blessings.

Thank you so much for stopping in and thank you if you have decided to stay and follow!  I'd love to return the favor.


And now...here's my scheduled post....

wis·dom
[wiz-duhm]
*the quality or state of being wise knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.
*scholarly knowledge or learning.
*wise sayings or teachings; precepts.
(source: www.dictionary.com)




Things I learned from the Daily Wisdom Challenge this week:

Matt 18 God cares for every one of us; like the lost sheep, it's not His desire that even one goes astray. He rejoices when that 1 is found.  (Matthew 18)


John 8:7 We should not be so quick to throw accusations and judge others. We, too, are sinners and could be just as easily judged!  (John 7 - 8)


Luke 9:3 "It was not because of his sins of his parents sins...This happened so the power of God could be seen in him." /Amen! #specialneeds  (John 9 - 10)


Luke 10 Are we more concerned about everything looking "right" or about opening our hearts and listening to what God is trying to say to us?  (Luke 10)


Luke 12 What benefit is there to accumulating all kinds of material possessions if we turn away from a relationship with God?  (Luke 12 - 13)


Luke 14:13 "Instead, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind." / LOVE Seacoast for reaching out to the disabled via Luke 14.  (Luke 14 - 15)


Luke 17 If people sin against us, if there is repentance, we must forgive them - even if it is over and over again!  (Luke 16 - 17)

chronological reading plan started 01/01/11
progress: 82.5% complete


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.